Parents Gymnastics Camps (Summer 2019)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymMomma2019

Proud Parent
Parents and coaches,

Does anyone have any good suggestions for gymnastics Camps for the summer?

We have heard about a couple of collegiate camps including Alabama-Auburn-LSU, in addition to FlipFest, IGC, Perfection (Ohio), Chelle Stacks, WOGA- does anyone have any input on these camps or any other camps?

And Yes, we have discussed this with our coach and she informed us that she didn’t know much about camps but very open to her girls going to camps that coincide at least somewhat with her coaching and give the girls good feedback!

Any suggestions??

My daughter used to go to Perfection and it’s a great camp! She has also been to UK camp twice and it’s a lot of fun as well. This summer, she and teammates will attend Flipfest for the first time. The thing to remember is that unless it’s a high performance college camp (which can be good for recruiting), the goal is really for you kiddo to have fun and do a little gymnastics. Don’t expect her to come home with a bunch of new skills!

Mine went to FlipFest last year, and will go back again this year. She had a ball. I second the comment above though — unless you are attending an NCAA recruiting-type camp, it’s mostly about the fun!!

Reactions: sce
My daughter used to go to Perfection and it’s a great camp! She has also been to UK camp twice and it’s a lot of fun as well. This summer, she and teammates will attend Flipfest for the first time. The thing to remember is that unless it’s a high performance college camp (which can be good for recruiting), the goal is really for you kiddo to have fun and do a little gymnastics. Don’t expect her to come home with a bunch of new skills!

She has done Camps since 2016 and I’m not looking for her to do a bunch of new skills I was just curious to know what other camps were good. I want her to have a good mix of fun and gymnastics!

I would say that FlipFest is a nice mix of fun and gymnastics for the Level 3-8 gymnast (there are definitely a few campers at higher levels, but not many). There is a morning practice followed by a fun period (lunch, beach activities, arts/crafts, etc.), a second practice, dinner and then evening fun (I believe there is an evening open gym option, but mine always opted for the "fun" evening activities like movie night or a haunted hike). Campers are tested and grouped by skill-level the first day. Then, within each group, campers are assigned a coach who works with them on establishing goals for the week, and checks in regularly. There are also some special activities like mud tug-o-war, high ropes course, a dance, and cabin decoration contest. Like I said, my kiddo had a great time and will be going back.

I would say that FlipFest is a nice mix of fun and gymnastics for the Level 3-8 gymnast (there are definitely a few campers at higher levels, but not many). There is a morning practice followed by a fun period (lunch, beach activities, arts/crafts, etc.), a second practice, dinner and then evening fun (I believe there is an evening open gym option, but mine always opted for the "fun" evening activities like movie night or a haunted hike). Campers are tested and grouped by skill-level the first day. Then, within each group, campers are assigned a coach who works with them on establishing goals for the week, and checks in regularly. There are also some special activities like mud tug-o-war, high ropes course, a dance, and cabin decoration contest. Like I said, my kiddo had a great time and will be going back.

This sounds great! Is it really expensive?
So you sign your child up by particular weeks? She has never stayed overnight- how was your DD her first time?

Prices are online - around 900 per week. My DD did great last summer (age 9) and I was definitely worried bc she is not very independent and a picky eater. Being forced to fend for herself in a safe environment was good for her..... The biggest benefit of camp, in my opinion.

My daughters, have been going to flip fest for years. From levels 3-9, they have all had a blast. Really recommend, they receive great coaching tips and earn new skills while having fun.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back