gymnastics in Japan

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

bigtiny

I have a Navy friend whose daughter is on team with mine. Their family will most likely be sent to Japan next, and she was wondering what kind of gymnastics training would be available to her daughter there. Are there English-speaking gyms there she could go to? Is it very high pressure or are there gyms comparable to regular USAG gyms here? She has one daughter just finishing Level 4 (age 9) and one daughter about to start pre-team (age 6).

Any information anyone could share would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.:)

I actually did gymnastics in japan for a few years. It's where I started out and I loved it. My family was stationed on Camp Zama and there is a gym only a couple minutes from there. The gym I went to did not speak english and I only met 2 other girls that ever spoke english. One luckily went to my gym. They don't have many meets a year. I only remember having about 3 a year until you reach the upper divisions. They don't have levels. They do something with beginner, intermediate, advance and then grade levels. advance is about levels 8 and up. And intermediate would be around 6 and 7. Here is a youtube of a friend who has videos from her meets there. YouTube - austinlls's Channel

If you want anymore specifics I can help you out more :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back