Parents Gymnastics in south Dallas

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

nonchalant22

Proud Parent
What are some good gyms in the southern part of Dallas. Most gyms I hear of are mostly in North Dallas. My daughter is interested in Team and I know practices can start at 4 and there is no way I can make it there with all the traffic from Desoto.

Empire is in Bedford, not too far if you are close to I-20. Depending on level, they start anywhere from 3:30 to 4:30. I live one town over from DeSoto and we drive to Empire 5 days a week. It is actually not much further than Trevinos and definitely closer than Waxahachie. It is also heads and shoulders above either of those gyms. You might want to try the routes during high traffic times just to be sure.

Thanks for the info. I live in Cedar Hill. I am curious how parents get their children to practice so early. I wouldn't mind trying out Empire gymnastics in Bedford as it is about 30 minutes from me, but transportation is an issue as I work in Cedar Hill and my daughter goes to school in Cedar Hill also. Do you know of any transportation services some of the other gymnast use?

It is always a struggle. Some parents carpool. My husband works himself, so he takes a late lunch break to do the driving. (My daughter has early release from school for gym.). Lots of people work out something with their jobs to leave early and work remotely after gym drop off.

I hope you come up with something.

What level is your daughter? I know of a few people who did Nova at the lower levels.

She can do level 3 or 4 based on evaluation. She is still pretty young so I don't want to overwhelm her. I just want her to have fun and still enjoy the sport. I have heard mixed things about Nova. We can check them out as well. With my job I can't leave early so I will prob end up paying for transportation. Are there a few families who go to Empire from the south Dallas area

I know of a couple of families from Mansfield, south GP and south Arlington. I'm not sure if anyone is from CH.

Maybe a college student could do drop off for you?

Waxahachie and Trevino's are both good programs.

Trevinos is not a great program. Maybe they used to be but not anymore. The good coaches have left and they are working on a skeleton crew. I have heard good things about Waxachachie. One of the seasoned coaches who left Trevinos is there.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back