Gymnastics Levels...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Is there any place I can look where it has all of the levels (for tumbling) and the prerequisites to get to the next level? I've found a site, but it only goes to level 5...

Tumbling

Thanks!

I am also interested in this topic. I would like to know if you can skip a level (5 to 7) or must you do level 6? What are the USGA rules?

Thank you :)

There is a lot of information about levels but I can tell you this. You can skip from level 5 to 7 but you have to compete one meet as a level 6 to get the qualifying score.

Thank you so much. Our daughter's coach has been dangling the level 7 carrot to our daughter all summer. She has been learning all level 7 skills but yesterday said, in a month she would teach her the level 6 routines due to the USGA rules. I was just curious. Now, I am worried she can learn both routines and get a 32. to get out of Level 6. She is 9 years old.

The mobility score she needs is a 31AA, so she only has to average high 7s on each event at a sanctioned L6 meet. Now, if the coach is also looking at her doing states as a L6, then she has to get your state qualifying score which in many states is higher than the USAG mobility score. Bars seem to be the biggest challenge at L6 with the clear hip and all the correct angles that must be hit in the tap swings.

Good luck to your dd and let us know how she does!

We have several gyms in my area that "skip" level six. They do this by having a sanctioned meet before the season starts. (normally early Aug. we dont compete until the end of Oct.) Normally they will have 3 or 4 teams bring just the girls who are going from 5 to 7. You may ask your coaches if this is possible in your area.

But is there a place anywhere that has what skills the gymnast should be able to complete to be at a certain level?

Jra64, I think there needs to be some clarification.

Are you looking at what the necessary skills are for USAG JO power tumbling? Some of the above responses seem to be about artistic gymnastics.

Or are you concerned about compulsory L6 artistic gymnastics and L7 optional artistic gymnastics?

For trampoline, double-mini, and power tumbling check here:

http://www.californiatnt.com/TTroutines2005.html

Our gym required 32 AA to move to Level 7.DD competed 1 Level 6 meet.But then did not compete Level 7 until the next sason.She was 9 years old in her Level 7 season.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back