WAG Gymnastics National Congress and Trade Show

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi!!

So the National Congress is near where i live this year so i figured why not go. SO i wanted know how do i register, how much does it cost, and do I have to be a member of USAG to be able to register. Also what should i expect. Do they really spot people on things right there?

Thanks!!

You usually have to be over a certain age, but I just looked, and all it says is 14. In order to register as an individual, you need a membership, but an athlete membership is fine. Do you compete in USAG?

Also, it will probably cost $200-300 (I haven't seen the price). However, they have an option for a member club to pay a fixed price and register everyone. Are your coaches going? If they are, you might ask if they have the member club option and ask if you could be added.

I don't think an individual non-member can register, but you could call them and ask. As far as what to expect, it is an education/trade show for gymnastics professionals. They will have some live demonstrators, but they are pre-arranged athletes, not people from the audience or anything. They won't spot you on anything or have any classes for gymnasts.

I would recommend you spend the money on something else if that is what you are looking for.

I think it would be so much fun to walk around and look at everything. I also think it would be neat to sit in on the classes just for the vast amount of information you could glean. But then, I admit that I'm a nerd about so many things......

I took my daughter to the trade show last year during the trials and it was a lot of fun looking at Leo's and she even got an opportunity to meet Alecia Sacramoni (sp?) and a few other gymnasts. You can buy a show floor pass and look at the booths and buy stuff. We had a lot of fun killing time there.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back