Gymnastics on a horse

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

NY Dad

Proud Parent
Hi,

I stumbled on this on youtube and I thought I would share.

Is anyone familiar with this?

Yes, When I was young I did horseriding and the local ponyclub had a small team doing this (but on a low level) I always found it very cool to watch.
There are a lot of gymnastics related sports that are interesting. Did you know of these for example?

Ropeskipping

Bossaball

Bike gymnastics

Team Gym

Japanese men's rythmic gymnastics

Wheel gymnastics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d2gQAHAdYQ

Wow. So. That exists.

I am confused about my feelings about it.

On one hand, whoa - that's impressive. On the other hand, whoa - they're nuts. ;)

It's quite popular in Germany. Young riders often practice it before or when beginning horse back riding in order to gain balance. I consider it a very good sport for children as it teaches not only balance and coordination but also teamwork and how to respect and care for a horse.
That being said and having spent close to 15 years both in the gym and on horseback I'm still very bad at it. It's a bit like BB only a lot livelier...

I am baffled by the Japanese men!

Yes, we know someone from Germany who used to do this. When she came here and learned about DD's gymnastics training, she started telling us all about how she used to do "horse vaulting." We had to pull up YouTube videos in order for us to understand. I was like, "What? You did gymnastics on top of a moving horse?" Indeed, she did. Crazy!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back