Gymnastics quotes

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnastralo

So anyone have any really inspiring quotes?? Quotes that may keep you going every day? Quotes that you live by? fav. Quotes?...

Please feel free to share!:):)

Alison

One of my favirote quotes is "Play every game like it was your last". I don't know who first said it (and appraently no one else does) but it has a lot of meaning to me for competitions to just normal days to practices. Live everything like it was the last time you could. You began to appreciate things more. The one that gets me pumped up is "It's not if you rise. It's if you rise after the fall that counts." I don't know who said that first but it has been a way of motivation from me. :) Hope you like them!

I actually read this one in Seventeen:

"Fear can hold you back from trying wonderful things- Worry afterwards!"
It's by Leeann(sp?) Rhymes(Also, sp?) and has nothing to do with gymnastics put it helps me to just go out on a limb and do it. :)

It says poems, but there's a lot of pages filled with quotes! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
don't let sucess get to your head or failure to your heart

hard work given time will defeat talent

obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated

sucess is what happens when thousands of hours of practice meet up with one moment of opportunity

somewhere behind the coaches who've pushed you and the teammates who've encouraged you is a little girl who fell in love with the sport, play for her and now one else.

those are just a few i can think of....

http://www.chalkbucket.com/forums/chalk-bucket/12278-thoughts-week.html

The above two are links to threads started by gymnasticcoach also known as Don from Iceland. If you search under his name you will find a whole ton of interesting and unusual quotes.

He cannot post in the gymnast forum as he is old, like me :D:D:D, if you want more quotes for your thread you might want to repost in the general thread.

Have fun.:)

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
Eleanor Roosevelt.

"Don't cry because you missed the sunset- your tears won't let you see the stars."

My friend gave me this one, and it's about swimming but it applies to all sports a little bit...

"For myself, losing is not coming second. It's getting out of the water knowing you could have done better. For myself, I have won every race I've been in."

I have a few..... lol ok,ok i have a lot but i won't put them all in cause there is too much.

I'll put in my favorites

"Seven days without gymnastics makes one weak"
"a bad day in the gym is better than a good day at school"
"If you don't leap, you'll never know what it's like to fly."
"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there"
"Mouth guards, shin pads, helmets...what are those? I'm a gymnast, not a football player."
"Will trade brother for new leo":):):):rolleyes:

I like that saying: "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent" -Elanor Roosevelt
Its very.... I dont know lol. But its a nice saying
"Life is like gymnastics. It's better if you're flexible."
"Reach for the stars.... with your toes"
"You perform the way you practice"
"a bad day in the gym is better than a good day at school"
If you don't leap, you'll never know what it's like to fly.
You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there

:):):cool::cool::D:D

How can we forget the greatest (well one of anyway) motivational speeches ever!?

Rocky Balboa: Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain't you! You're better than that! I'm always gonna love you no matter what. No matter what happens. You're my son and you're my blood. You're the best thing in my life. But until you start believing in yourself, ya ain't gonna have a life.

I also like the quote from a System of a Down song (I know it's a wierd place to get a quote from): "Eloquence belongs to the conqueror" To me it means that when you do better than someone at a competition, it is up to you to show respect for the others who placed below you. This is one of the greatest character traits I think one can have. Respect for their fellow man.

I love the quote about how you don't drown by falling into water, you drown by staying there, GREAT!

Last edited:
"Everyone gets scared, and everyone falls. The key is to get right back up and try again."-Shannon Miller, Olympic Gold Medalist in Gymnastics:)

OT but nightflare I stumbled upon your blog the other day and it's blimming hilarious-keep up the good work!

the quote in my sig is the one my Uni gymnastics team goes by.............

So anyone have any really inspiring quotes?? Quotes that may keep you going every day? Quotes that you live by? fav. Quotes?...

Please feel free to share!:):)

Alison

When your hands are ripped...

and your body is sore...

Gymnasts get up-

...and ask for more!

Nastia said this in a fluff, about after falling: "it's always difficult to keep going, after a fall. you feel like it's over, you feel like you have no chance, but I can NOT give up."

That inspires me daily at gym. It's like when you are having a bad day at gym, or can't get a skill, I think of that and know I have to push through.

"You're never a loser until you quit trying" Former New England Patriots quote said that. Another one I like from a movie, excess baggage, is
The best way to make a dream come true is to wake up.

But I like the loser quote the most.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back