Gymnastics Show?!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey. My gym is having our annual gym show this weekend its on Saturday and Sunday. We do the opening and the finale and the 5/6s and 4s both have a routine in there. But other then that its mostly class kid routines. Anyway I'm just wondering if anyone else does this? Its a big money maker for a gym and its fun to take a little break from our routines.

My gymmies club does this and the Team Booster Club runs a consession stand. We use this money for the Booster Clubs general fund. Does your gym charge admission?

Yeah, we always do. My old gym would actually rent an entire college basketball arena and host it there. It was rediculous how much money they would make from it. But now, at my current gym, we just have it at the gym. No admission or anything, just the money from concessions. It's nice and easy to set up for. :)

We always did an end of the year show in June. It was always fun to create routines that showed off our dance and gym skills, plus occasionally we got to dress up for them and what not.

I wish we could. It sounds like so much fun! We have something similar I guess; a June meet where all the team girls are captains, and the school-age kids are sorted into teams. We all like it because we get to have lyrics in our floor music! Everyone gets a medal for their best event, plus there are special awards decided by the judges(ex. cutest smile, or even based on the theme-I once won best upside down disco dance on bars!) I got to be a judge last year and it was really fun.

That sounds fun! Yeah our show is mostly for the little kids. Like the class kids all get to have a routine in it with their groups. Its really cute. lol

My gym does a show every year in June. All of the classes with school age kids do a group routine, and there are routines for all of the competitive groups. Also some of the competitive and interclub (lower level, but slightly older competitive gymnasts) do individual routines. Everyone always loves it.

Our gym does this too in June. It is over two days and the class kids and team/pre-team do different routines. I know DD looks forward to it every year. The inventation classes actually have a theme for their routines. One year they did incrediables, Geace, etc. They get really excited. They also get trophies too.

My gym is recreational but we do mock meets. That is where the upper levels do their routines just like we woiuld at a meet but there are no judges! At it our demonstration teams perform! I love doing them, they are a blast!! We also have recitals where everyone does their routines, little kids too! We have coaches shows too! There was one coach that worked at the gym but then he moved out of state and he used to do the craziest stuff. My favorite was when we had the coaches put on a show dressed up as pirates and they were fighting! It was a blast and the coaches would go on strap bar, floor, beam, bars, vault, tumble trak, tramp, all at the same time! (obviously different coaches on the different apparatus) It was cool because we could see what our coaches could do and see some of them mess around and be goofy!

My gym's show is also over two days because the gym has gotten so big that it got rediculous to have only on one day. There are also awards. Everyone gets a medal after their routine and they give out trophies for most improved as chosen by the coach of each group, and in the more advanced groups (i.e. no regular recreational) the coach also chooses a gymnast to get the outstanding effort award. There are also awards that only one person in the whole gym get.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back