Parents Gymnastics superstar tour

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mom2kazkids

Proud Parent
I am excited to say that I bought tickets to the gymnastics superstar tour when it comes to Milwaukee in November. I am bummed that they are not coming to Green Bay, but DD and I will take the trip to Milwaukee to see them. We are in the lower level 4 rows up. I thought that being on the floor might make it difficult for my little one to see. This way we are up high enough that she should be able to see the whole floor of the Bradley Center. She will just have to miss practice that night.

Barb

Here is a link to the website.
The 2008 Tour of Gymnastics superstars

Thanks for sharing that! They will be near us, but it is the night before their first scheduled competition. I am pretty sure she won't be ready this season, but am going to check with her coach before buying us tickets. We can't get close though, we will be up high. LOL. I will just buy her binoculars. :D

Though thinking about it, the tour looks so awesome, I think I just might buy tickets. They haven't even learned the beam routine, so I doubt they will compete. Decisions, decisions.

Dumb ?

If there is no "Buy Tickets" on the date does that mean it is sold out, not on sale yet or just can't buy them through the site?

I had to go directly to ticketmaster.com to find tickets for our location. or whoever typically sells tickets for big events near you.

My dh saw the ad in the paper last week and once he showed it to our gymmie, that's all we heard about. The ad appeared before tickets went on sale. Yes, dh was on line on 8-8-08 and got front row seats. We passed on the seats on the floor at $76/seat!!! Oct. 5 can't get here soon enough for my gymmie(have to admit I'm looking forwad to it also!)

We got tickets for the Atlanta show! I passed on the floor seats also b/c I thought I would be hard for my lil 5 year old gymmie to see. We are on Row J at Philips Arena. I hope they have shirts and stuff for sale, my husband ever wants a shirt LOL.... DH goes to works at 4:30 am but he's so into the Olympic team finals he took Wed. off so he can watch the finals with us! Who would have ever thought a man would be so into gymnatics. he loves it.:) Lucky me and DD!

I would like to take Katy to see this. Our first meet is the following weekend tho. I wonder if Katy would even be ready for it since she's healing from the broken collarbone. I really would LOVE to take her especially since she got to meet and talk w/Ashley Postell at IGC this summer! Ashley had mentioned that she was going "on tour" after the Olympics, but I didn't know what she was talking about at the time. I wonder if our girls' gyms can get a discounted price???

-Lynn

Last edited:
I would really like to take my dd as well - but don't know if I will. It is about 3 hours away from us and money wise - I really don't know if I want to spend it right now. It looks like we may be doing a fair amount of traveling this year for her competition season. I'll probably cave and get tickets though :rolleyes:

I actually went to see how close it comes to Canada as I know my girls would love to go. Boston seems to be the closest to us, but with the 7 hour drive and a hotel room it would get a bit pricey. But it would be very cool.

We got our tickets for the venue in San Jose, CA. We are 7 rows up in the first tier, on the side near the stage. We all decided to pass on the floor seats as they would leave us with sore necks and empty wallets.

DD & I will be going with 3 of her gym friends and their moms. The girls are SO excited! The only bummer is that it is the day after our home meet and I know we are all going to be pretty wiped out from cleaning/re-setting the gym that morning. I'm sure that with the excitement of the event we will all get out second winds. We can't wait!

We've got a group from the gym going Oct. 9th. Right now, it looks like we'll have enough in our group to go to a pre-show "Meet & Greet" with the gymnasts for photos, etc.

I think I am as excited as the kids! :)

FlipsLeos---Our gym is doing the same thing. I don't know if the group meet and greet(called Chalk Talk) is just for gymnastics groups or not. Anyway our booster club got a group rate for the show(AFTER we bought our tickets). They had enough money to buy a ticket for each team girl and families can buy at a discount. So, since we all have tickets, we will be able to join them and gymmie gets to see "selected gymnasts" as it is put before the show. Maybe we'll be able to sell her ticket. She is walking on air!!! Trying to figure out what to take to get autographs on.

I posted a link on our gym's parents' club, asking if anyone wanted to go to this as well. Our gym manager sent me an email that she's already been in touch with someon in charge of these things and is trying to arrange the "meet and greet" and get the discount tickets as well!!! I also found out that our home meet is the weekend AFTER the superstar tour - yippee!!!

-Lynn

Forget the kids I want to go!
We had a print out in our gym to see who wants to go
I was thinking of trying to go with the girls but was not sure since I will have a 1 month old baby at the time (wondering if it would be tacky to take her since I will be BF her) anyhow still not sure.

I know the girls would be so excited to see this esp since Shawn Johnson and Nastia Liukin are there faves!

On the autograph thing, our kids have to be there at 3:45 and the show doesn't start til 6, so I don't want to gamble that they'll have the concessions stands open before the Chalk Talk. My gymmie took her team practice leo to Lake Owen and got Annia Hatch to sign it(right across the belly). Since we just got new ones, I think maybe taking the leo and getting it signed might work well---then we'll frame it.

We got tickets for the Atlanta show! I passed on the floor seats also b/c I thought I would be hard for my lil 5 year old gymmie to see. We are on Row J at Philips Arena. I hope they have shirts and stuff for sale, my husband ever wants a shirt LOL.... DH goes to works at 4:30 am but he's so into the Olympic team finals he took Wed. off so he can watch the finals with us! Who would have ever thought a man would be so into gymnatics. he loves it.:) Lucky me and DD!

Thanks for telling me about it, Amy! We got seats at Phillips Arena, too. In fact, our seats are right behind yours in Row k! LOL

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back