Parents Gymnastics Superstars Tour was a Blast!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mariposa

Proud Parent
Proud Parent
We went to see the Gymnastics Superstars Tour last night and it was so much fun. I took my DD and 2 of her gym buddies and they really had a good time. It was very loud, but fun.

I enjoyed the mens gymnastics almost more than the womens. I think they really let lose and get into the music. Probably since they never get to do things to music. And after seeing the girls do their beam routines to music I totally think they should have music for their beam routines. LOL.

It was definitely worth the money. My only complaint was that they didn't have any big screens up with close ups, so you couldn't see who they gymnasts were sometimes and they didn't list who was performing on the screen with interviews, etc, they were using. So it was kind of irritating. It wasn't until the very end that they went through and told us who everyone was.

Anyone else gone? I know we were early in the tour. I am sure everyone who is waiting to go is super excited! It really was a great show! Though I also could have done with a little more gymnastics and a little less KSM (Disney's all girl rock group). :eek:

That's great! Glad that you had a fun time. I think we are going sometime in October:)

Glad you had a great time and thanks for the review. The tour will be here in 2 weeks. Our compulsory girls have a meet that weekend, so are holding their breath to see what sessions they'll get put in. The show doesn't start until 6pm, but the big thing is meeting the gymnasts before and that starts at 3:45.

my girls will go in Nov when it comes here! they cannot wait (I cannot wait! LOL)

glad you had soo much fun now I really cannot wait

I am sure you will all have fun. Our arena has TV screens, but I think it was the show that didn't utilize them. Would have been nice. Oh well. It was still great. :D

Sounds like fun...I would be bummed about the lack of monitors, too though.

We are going in October and I can't wait...hope my dd has fun too,;)!!

Kelly

We went to the Gymnastics Superstars Tour last night. There wasn't enough gymnastics and way too much of that awful music. :mad: My DD and her friends plugged their ears every time the band played. Jordan Pruitt was tolerable, but all she did was sing the same words over and over. BORING!!!

I was bummed that they didn't introduce the gymnasts as they came out and that Chellsie Memmell was more of a supporting cast member than a headliner. When they finally announced the names of the gymnasts at the end, you could barely understand what the announcer was saying. :confused: I didn't even realize that Shayla Worley was there until another gym mom told me today. Also, I was dissapointed that they didn't have a program for sale.

OK, so here are the positives. We were in the 7th row, on the first level, between the beam where everyone did their beam work and the corner of the floor. We had the best views of Nastia, Shawn and Chellsie. My favorite part of the whole show was during intermission when they all came out to warm-up for the second half of the show. Everytime our girls yelled their names, they would look into the crowd, smile and wave. This of course made our girls squeal with delight! I feel that the men stole the show. They were unbelieveable! At one point Raj flew right over us when he was on the rings. What a vision!:D They really showed their muscles and it was neat to see their Olympic tatoos. Speaking of muscles.......ohhhhh, I won't spoil it for those who haven't gone yet. Overall, it was worth the money and I would do it all over again. Too bad DD has gym on the 24th.

The website says that the show will be televised on Septmeber 26th on My Network TV at 8-9pm (ET). Check it out!

Weren't the guys amazing? Raj is so HOT! LOL. Can I say that here? :eek:

I also didn't know that Shayla Worley was in the show until the end. I was pretty sure I was seeing Chelsie Memmel, but it was irritating not to know who was up when they were out and performing.

Will be fun to hear peoples thoughts as they come back from seeing the show. Maybe someone will hear our complaints and fix things?

I will have to find the show date if I have that station, and record it. :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back