MAG Gymnastics Trivia Q&A

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

blantonnick

Coach
Judge
Just thought you MAG Coaches and Gymnast's might like this Question...

What Skill in the Men's FIG Code of Points is the only skill that is invented by a Woman???

The Yurchenko...

the Yurchenko.

ETA: I just noticed you already had the answer. Funny enough, my kids had a discussion about this recently and dd thought Yurchenko was a Japanese man and it was ds who knew she was a woman.

Great thread.

Here's one: There are currently 5 G-value skills listed in the code. Name them.

For bonus: there is a 6th way of being awarded a G-value. What is it?

For more bonus: there is one skill that is given a G-value in the local competitions within the US, but only an F-value by FIG. What is it?

A: Cassina (full-twisting layout kovacs) on high bar, Pineda (geinger over the bar with additional 1/2 -- yes, it's considered a different skill from a cassina) on high bar, Shaham (kovacs 3/2) on high bar, triple back on floor, triple-twisting double back on floor.

Bonus 1: flops-to-russian sequence on pommels with 2 flops and a 1080 russian.

Bonus 2: Double back layout with 5/2 twist.

Ri Jong Song, Liukin, Cassina, Pineda, Shaham....Two FX elements, three HB...Isn't interesting that the Kovacs has become one of the most variant element in release moves in contemporary gymnastics. The only guess for the second question would be a Flaired F Flop on PH. The last question would be known if I moved back to the States...:)

Last edited:
What is the only skill in the FIG COP that is illustrated different to the way that any other gymnast competes it in the world?

The Koste (EG IV, Group 33) on High Bar. The illustration in the COP has never been performed the way it is drawn however has been executed from a seated circle, or round'round' type of motion...

My guess for only G Value in the US is the Legendre shenanigans on floor where he competed 5/2 twists and 2 flips, claiming an Arabian Double Straight Salto with two twists?

Correct on two out of three (and very close on the third). A flaired flop sequence can still only get up to F value -- however, two flops to a 1080 russian gets a G value.

Now I'm gonna have to go look up a Koste....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back