Gymnastics Update :) - Feel free to share your updates too!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have entered my second session. Going 1-2 times per week. I almost have my left and right splits and my middles are getting there! I am completing straightleg pointed toes pullovers no difficulties now! :) We are working back hip circles, front hipcircles, and squat ons (these bug me lol). I completed the level 2 (???) beam routine before the last session ended so that was exciting ! We are working cartwheels, leaps, jumps split jumps.. the usual and handstands. :) And I got my handspring vault, and now am working on making it cleaner and better form.. I scare myself with my power, So it's hard for me to complete them without myself bailing on my body. Uh, I'm thinking of going for my back walkover soon so I will update on that! 2 months have gone by quickly! My coach says I probably will be on Comp team next fall/summer. Pushing myself towards that while trying to balance school, Vball, and horses! Challenges. :)

I also forgot to say on the tumbletrak we are working front tucks. which I am landing into mat pretty consistantly. and I am landing front flyspring and front handspring into mat also. So thats exciting :)

good job, by sessions do you mean lessons? so you've had 2 gymnastics lessons? wah i don't get it haha wasn't your first lesson ages ago?
and lately i have gotten my cartwheel and vertical handstand on high beam and punch jump dismount, my beam leaps are getting better, i got my standing press handstands except pike and my forward roll to standing presses, my half half (special AUS turn haha) on beam and my front handspring on tumble trak.

lol No I mean, Each session is an 8 week session. And this was the first week of my second session. I go again today I believe. So each week I either go once or twice a week. hey jess how long have you been in gymnastics? I have been working on handstands too on beam. (those aren't very pretty yet) and I'm working on gaining confidence

Oh ok and i have been doing gymnastics for 1 yr and im not actually WORKING on handstands ive had my 3/4 handstand on beam within the first few months of gym and my full handstand since dec last yr but i had just never tried it on high beam haha we don't need a full handstand til level 4 here so my coach doesn't even bother working on it until we ARE level 4 im still not supposed to be working on full handstands haha :p but thats good that you have been working on them too :)

Yeah, I can't sta upright which sucks.so i have to work on that and we were doing rainbow arches (progression to backhandspring) yesterday. so yeah thats about it

yeah. I said it was a back handspring progression its like a spotted slowmo backhandspring
yes i saw that you said that but it isn't much info about it considering i live in a different continent than you and we don't call a bhs progression a rainbow arch actually we dont even call a backhandspring a backhandspring ahah its called a backflip :) but now that you said slo-mo i can kind of picture it :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back