Gymnastics?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I know for sure that adult artistic gymnastics use all the apparatuses. If its fun I don't know it all deepends on how you feel. I think gymnastics if fun ( I'm 15)

what is adult gymnastics do you do floor,valt,bars,balence beam?? Is it fun

Yes you use them all, and sure it's fun. As an adult, if you fully participate you will get sore. I'm an ex-competitive gymnast pushing 30 with 2 kids. When I say 'will' I'm pretty there's no escaping it for all us geezers. It also helps more than words can say to have a good sense of humor. When you flub, or have a moment of silliness, being able to laugh it off is a huge help.

Aside from being fun, it's amazingly good for you in terms of staying limber and maintaining strength. You will get a gold star in those areas from your amazed doctor at your physicals. It's practical too. Before you know it you'll be in your kitchen, guiding the dishwasher door down fully bent over, one leg extended behind you to expertly tap the fridge shut with your pointed toe, all while stirring coffee with your other hand and playing peek-a-boo with your kids at the breakfast table using your standing leg to hide your face behind. Maybe not that extreme. You will probably notice a decrease in clumsy moments, or be able to save a trip that would have landed anyone else on their face :) Just remember to salute after!

Oh and no matter what anyone says about gym memberships or pilates, dvd's or whatever workout: there is no better option for giving you an amazing behind, thighs or calves. I'd swear that under oath!

Adult gymnastics is not a sport as such, it is just a term to determine a class of adults doing gymnastics. To me it seems a bit of a silly term because there is no "adult" gymnastics and "kids" gymnastics. There is just gymnastics, which can and should be a sport for all ages from toddlers to the elderly.

Many clubs offer a class called "adult gymnastics" and it generally just refers too a class fopr adults. Which could be anything depending on what the gym prefers. Some do all apparatus, or tumbling or trampoline.

Where I live there is a gymnastics club that is devoted entirely to adults. lasses are 7 days a week and you must be 16 years old or over to join. They doi apparatuss classes, tumbling classes and conditioning classes. And it is probably one of the smartest idea's I have ever heard of. As so many gymnastics clubs cater mainly for kids, this adult club makes a fortune because they can single handedly take the whole market.

You will get a gold star in those areas from your amazed doctor at your physicals. It's practical too. Before you know it you'll be in your kitchen, guiding the dishwasher door down fully bent over, one leg extended behind you to expertly tap the fridge shut with your pointed toe, all while stirring coffee with your other hand and playing peek-a-boo with your kids at the breakfast table using your standing leg to hide your face behind. Maybe not that extreme. You will probably notice a decrease in clumsy moments, or be able to save a trip that would have landed anyone else on their face :) Just remember to salute after!

My mom tells me practically the same thing when I complain about being sore from dance and gym. She started dancing when I quit gym (there was a huge amount of money available after I stopped competing!), and she's never been in better shape

ANYWHO! Adult gym is only what you make it, I suppose. If you work hard and try your best, you will have fun. If you want to do apparatuses (apparati?), get someone to train you and go for it!

Adult gymnastics is not a sport as such, it is just a term to determine a class of adults doing gymnastics. To me it seems a bit of a silly term because there is no "adult" gymnastics and "kids" gymnastics. There is just gymnastics, which can and should be a sport for all ages from toddlers to the elderly.

Many clubs offer a class called "adult gymnastics" and it generally just refers too a class fopr adults. Which could be anything depending on what the gym prefers. Some do all apparatus, or tumbling or trampoline.

Where I live there is a gymnastics club that is devoted entirely to adults. lasses are 7 days a week and you must be 16 years old or over to join. They doi apparatuss classes, tumbling classes and conditioning classes. And it is probably one of the smartest idea's I have ever heard of. As so many gymnastics clubs cater mainly for kids, this adult club makes a fortune because they can single handedly take the whole market.

That is a gym I would LOVE to try. We have regular clubs here with occasional adult classes but being out of shape, I'd rather go to an adult beginner conditioning class. I've always thought regular health clubs are quite boring and the ones with the fun classes are way to expensive.

I'm not an adult Gymnast, although a part of me really wants to try, the muscular and age (45) part tell reminds me that it's a crazy thought.

However - My DD (9) and I do a gymnastics conditioning program together at home twice a week- and this for me is an awsome time to spend with my daughter. It's not about tricks, but conditioning and stretching properly in order to do the impossible with less risk of injury. Yes we do have handstand contests, and yes she always wins. But we arent doing tumbling runs or anything that needs to be reserved for a real gym with a spring floor.

Point is, even us old times can get involved with some form of low-impact gymnastics. Heck, If I can train myself to do ONE flare Just ONE! that would make it all worth while for me. Flares are just too cool not to try.

(ps. I hate health clubs! They are filled with machines that are made to do one thing very well -- make you come back and spend more money. I never met a machine that cared about ME!)

Last edited:
Yup pretty much. You get to choose what you want to learn, and if you don't like a particular apparatus you don't need to do it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back