DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
Is anyone a member of Gymnastike.org. If so, besides the cool videos, what do you like about it?

I just figured out that Gymnastike seems to be run by a company called Flocasts. You can see them at flocasts.org. Here are a couple of the staff at Flocasts:

Founder - Martin Floreani

Here is a blurb from Patrick Hitchins profile...

Flocasts (Internet industry)
September 2007 — Present (1 year 6 months)
Online sports media company that provides a multimedia platform for people to share their knowledge and passion for sport. Currently has sites for running, swimming, wrestling, gymnastics, and MMA.

flotrack.org
floswimming.org
flowrestling.org
gymnastike.org
purefight.org
sailgroove.org
If you guys know anything about Flocasts, let me know. I'm interested to learn about them.

It was just a little while ago that Wasserman Media Group penned a deal with USA Gymnastics, USA Track and Field, and USA Swimming to help us all out. Their first website...gymnast.com...is already gone. It just redirects to USAG.

What's the deal with these media groups? Are they here to help our industry...or are they just here for the money?

Last edited:
JBS,

Over the past few months I have had the pleasure of interning at Flocasts, and I am happy to say that everyone who works there is passionate about what they do and is in it for the right reasons. While flocasts is the name behind it all and the layout of all the sites are the same, each runs fairly independently from the rest. Each site has a group of people who have participated, usually at the collegiate level, in whatever sport the respective site covers. Everyone I have met there is extremely knowledgeable and passionate about the sport they are promoting.

If you are a coach or member of a team in the sport the site covers, at any level, you have the ability to create a team page for all the members of your team to enjoy. They make it really easy to do and it gives you the opportunity to post your videos, communicate with the entire team, share training/technique videos available on the site, etc. Many teams have found the social networking and team-binding aspect of the site to be very useful. Anyway, I hope I have given you some insight as to what the site is all about, but if you would like to learn more please feel free to email me: max@flowrestling.org

Good things,

Max

Max,

Thank you very much for giving us some info on "Flocasts". I do love the videos on gymnastike.

I finally joined Gymnastike a few days ago and got my profile up! I yet have to explore the site further but really like the looks of it. It`s nice to navigate and certainly has a lot to offer. I already also found some really interesting videos! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back