WAG Gymnasts at US Classics?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

TumbleTimes4

Proud Parent
I would love to take DD to see Simone compete in person. I think it would be a great childhood memory to say you got to watch one of the greatest. (I got to see Peyton Manning play in person and it was incredible). I know there are no garauntees, but what is the likelihood that she will compete at the US Classics in Louisville in July?

I would love to take DD to see Simone compete in person. I think it would be a great childhood memory to say you got to watch one of the greatest. (I got to see Peyton Manning play in person and it was incredible). I know there are no garauntees, but what is the likelihood that she will compete at the US Classics in Louisville in July?
If she is there, she very well may not compete in the all around. We went to Classics a couple years ago and none of the top tier gymnasts competed all around. Most were doing 1-2 events. While it was very fun, that was a little disappointing to finally see a big meet in person and but not to see the best on all events.

I assume she will...she competed at Classic last year, but as you said, there are no guarantees.

Last year was different, she had just come back and she needed to qualify to US Championships. This year she is already qualified, because she was on 2018 Worlds team, and she's done an international assignment this year:

Qualification to U.S. Gymnastics Championships
Automatic
• 2018 World Team and replacement athlete
52.00 AA
• 2019 Classic meet
• 2018 (fall)/2019 Selected National Team Training Camp (full routines on competition surfaces)
• 2018 (fall)/2019 National team International Assignment

So technically she doesn't need to be at Classics this year.

Last year was different, she had just come back and she needed to qualify to US Championships. This year she is already qualified, because she was on 2018 Worlds team, and she's done an international assignment this year:

Qualification to U.S. Gymnastics Championships
Automatic
• 2018 World Team and replacement athlete
52.00 AA
• 2019 Classic meet
• 2018 (fall)/2019 Selected National Team Training Camp (full routines on competition surfaces)
• 2018 (fall)/2019 National team International Assignment

So technically she doesn't need to be at Classics this year.

This is true. Although I’ve heard she has some insane upgrades so maybe she will go to try those out. A girl can dream can’t she??

Classics serve as one of the selection events for Pan Ams so you might see more all arounders than sometimes.

They usually make some sort of announcement a few weeks before. We are going regardless! Hoping to see our junior elite compete unless she makes the junior world team, which would be great for her!

We're taking the chance and going, but we're local so it's not an expense for us other than tickets. Plus, my daughter wants to see the HOPES and Junior Elite sessions so she can see girls her age, so to her it's not going to be a huge disappointment if Simone Biles or Morgan Hurd isn't there.

Rank hearsay incoming, so take it with a huge grain of salt:

A national team member visited my daughter's gym yesterday to try to hype up ticket sales. She said Simone would be there. When I asked my daughter if she said "Simone would be there" or "Simone would be competing," she predictably couldn't tell me how specific the team member was. So, take that for what it's worth. Simone Biles may be there, but it could be just a personal appearance or competing one or two apparatuses. Or, she could be competing AA and we'll all be thankful we got a chance to see it!

Just a couple of days away and there's a killer lineup expected at Classic! Anyone else take the plunge and planning to go? My daughter couldn't be any more excited right now.

We are going and super excited! It’s only about 90 min for us though. Our gym has a junior elite competing and can’t wait to cheer her on!

Very cool! I can guess who that is, and we’ll give an extra cheer for her! My daughter’s coach is volunteering, so I can’t wait to see her out on the floor with the elites. If you see a volunteer with light up shoes, that’s our beloved coach!

Very cool! I can guess who that is, and we’ll give an extra cheer for her! My daughter’s coach is volunteering, so I can’t wait to see her out on the floor with the elites. If you see a volunteer with light up shoes, that’s our beloved coach!

Aww thanks! She is the sweetest kid so I hope she has a good meet. Will look out for your coach as well!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back