Gymnasts vs. Football Players

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

N

NYgymfan

"UGA football players give Gym Dogs their props", from the Atlanta Journal Constitution:

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/uga/stories/2008/03/28/secgym_0329.html

An article about the "Challenge of the Champions", where the UGA Football and Gymnastics teams have a weight room competition to see who is stronger. Who do you think wins? Well the gymnasts of course!!! Well, ok, they say the football players are actually stronger based on how much weight they can lift and stuff, but pound for pound the gymnasts were stronger and won all the body-weight competitions like handstand contests and pullups.

Nice pic of Courtney Kupets in the article too :).

That is excellent. It's about time somebody realized just how strong these "little" gymnasts are. :D

Sure. Go run a mile as fast as u can. I'd be very very impressed if u beat me....:D

I'm glad to see that gymnasts are finally getting the credit they deserve...it's a start.

Be careful Rose! You don't know what you're getting yourself into. :D

Yeah hes definitely fast and he could probably run laps around me.
But I did do more crunches then him. lol. If I ever decide to train for the mile I'll definitely let you know my time.

Haha, Rose knows my mile time is not to be messed with :D. She does pretty good at track tho for not practicing at all!

We should start a chalkbucket fitness challenge, haha!

LOL wow I was only being half serious. Maybe we should wait till like after school ends and then we can do like a fitness challenge of the week or something!

Once school's over, that actually sounds like a pretty cool idea. I'll be training for my marathon, so by the end of summer, I'll be able to whoop pretty much everyone! LOL

Dang! I forgot you were doing that gracefulone. You'll def have me beat there!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News