WAG Gyms in Colorado?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

josie55

Proud Parent
A good friend and teammate of my dd will be moving to CO and they are looking for a new gym home. Gymnast is 14, training L10, and will be leaving a high performing gym with a relatively large team of upper optionals. They will be living in Louisville, outside of Boulder. They are aware of Airborne and Gymnastics Unlimited. I told her I think 5280 may be an option as well? Is there anyone with knowledge of these or other CO gyms who could provide some guidance and insight? It would be great if she could find a welcoming gym with high quality training and a decent sized team of upper optionals. She’s a great kid and will be an asset to any team. TIA!

Xtreme Altitude is near there. The optional team there is small, but has some good coaches. 5280 is not far. airborne is a good option as well. They each are very different from what I know...

CGI might be a bit farther away but is a very good gym with a large team of upper level optionals.

A good friend and teammate of my dd will be moving to CO and they are looking for a new gym home. Gymnast is 14, training L10, and will be leaving a high performing gym with a relatively large team of upper optionals. They will be living in Louisville, outside of Boulder. They are aware of Airborne and Gymnastics Unlimited. I told her I think 5280 may be an option as well? Is there anyone with knowledge of these or other CO gyms who could provide some guidance and insight? It would be great if she could find a welcoming gym with high quality training and a decent sized team of upper optionals. She’s a great kid and will be an asset to any team.
Tell your friend, ‘welcome to Colorado!’ Xtreme Altitude is the closest drive from Louisville. Airborne is probably the next closest. 5280 would be a little bit more of a drive, maybe 35ish minutes depending on where they live in Louisville. CGI would be a pretty far drive (maybe close to an hour, depending on traffic), but it has a good reputation.

I agree with the above reply, they all have different reputations/strengths/weaknesses. Everyone has their own experiences so it’s hard to say one gym is better than the other. It’s really what is the best fit for them (I know that’s not a very insightful answer tho :) )

Also, I have heard some gyms might be limiting new team members. We haven’t looked personally, so I can’t confirm or deny, but we have heard that there may be some team size constraints right now.

Knowing the area, I would start with these gyms. Good luck to your friend!

Xtreme lost their head coach (or prospective new coach) about a year ago, and most of their upper optionals left at that time. I am not as familiar with their current upper level optional coaches or girls.

CGI is currently saying they are full for their level 10 and maybe level 9 teams. They took in some of those Xtreme girls, along with some other 10s from other gyms. I would consider sending my daughter there, but it would likely be a 45-60 minute drive for you, if they would even have an opening.

Tigar also lost much of their upper optional team. I believe that also had to do with coaching losses. I heard they may no longer have an optional program, but that is 100% rumor.

If I were in your location and position, I would start by looking at Airborne. They have placed girls in D1 fairly recently, and seem to be having a good time when I see them at meets. I have no direct connections or knowledge of the inner workings there however.

5280 would be a longer drive, and they have had some shakeup there as well, although I think most of it was at their South location (you would be looking at the North location). I believe their coaches are more “old school” and harsh, from what I’ve heard from people who have left, but it might be worth a visit.

Xtreme lost their head coach (or prospective new coach) about a year ago, and most of their upper optionals left at that time. I am not as familiar with their current upper level optional coaches or girls.

CGI is currently saying they are full for their level 10 and maybe level 9 teams. They took in some of those Xtreme girls, along with some other 10s from other gyms. I would consider sending my daughter there, but it would likely be a 45-60 minute drive for you, if they would even have an opening.

Tigar also lost much of their upper optional team. I believe that also had to do with coaching losses. I heard they may no longer have an optional program, but that is 100% rumor.

If I were in your location and position, I would start by looking at Airborne. They have placed girls in D1 fairly recently, and seem to be having a good time when I see them at meets. I have no direct connections or knowledge of the inner workings there however.

5280 would be a longer drive, and they have had some shakeup there as well, although I think most of it was at their South location (you would be looking at the North location). I believe their coaches are more “old school” and harsh, from what I’ve heard from people who have left, but it might be worth a visit.
This

XAG:Level 10’s... they have 3.

Airborne - Longmont - about 8-10

5280 - Arvada - large team

CGI - Aurora -

More info from a L10 friend :)

Age will probably be a big question for them. What age range are they looking at? XAG and Airborne seem to be high school for level 10. CGI and 5280 have young ones. There is also GU with level 10’s. They are in Northglenn.

5280 and airborne are good. There’s also Peak, though that may be too far south. Boulder had an optionals program, but discontinued it over the summer. Not sure how many of those girls were absorbed by surrounding programs.

XAG is a great gym in Lafayette and they have been slowly rebuilding their optional program over the past 6 months. Right now they have about 15-20 optional girls (Levels 6-10 and ages 10-17). They also have a really good up and coming JO comp program.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back