Gyms in or near Hampton, VA?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

T

TheWannabe

I've gone to two gyms already and I didn't find what I was looking for and/or they were horribly expensive. Already went to: Gymnastics Inc. and World Class Gymnastics. I'm looking for a program with reasonable prices that have either adult rec. gymnastics or private classes for older beginner teens.

i live in the richmond area and grew up in newport news - world class turns out awesome gymnasts - across the tunnel you have ocean tumblers, hurricanes and excalibur - im not so sure about the hampton area - we were at ocean tumblers for the last sectional of the season yesterday and will be heading to hurricanes next weekend for a meet - im almost 100% sure hurricanes just opened a brand new gym - i hope that helped and i hope you find the gym with the right fit for you

Yeah, I was going to suggest Ocean Tumblers as well. They have a fantastic competitive program. Excaliber has a great elite program as well. What about Gymstrada? There's a mom on here who posts frequently from that club. I think Gymstrade is a little less, on what's the word I'm looking for.... not exactly "psycho" about gymnastics, but Excaliber is really hard core from what I've heard. Good luck. Being in the Hampton area, you really do have a pretty wide choice of gyms. Check out www.vausag.com and click on the competitive club directory for more options!

The only gym I know of with an adult program is Excalibur. Others may have a High School rec class, that an older teen would likely be welcome in. At Excalibur it is just the adult class, no HS rec one, so the high schoolers and older teens just take the adult class. Not sure if it would be too much of a drive for you, but beginners are definitely welcome in the class.

~Katy

Just found out that Pink Pearl, which is also in VA Beach, also has an adult class. Theirs is specifically 16 and up.

~Katy

LOL Lynn! Yes, Gymstrada is definitely less hard core than Excalibur. We do have a high school gymnastics class that has a wide variety of skill levels. Not sure on the cost, but I cannot imagine it's much as I think they are there only twice a week. It might be worth checking out. OT is another good choice.

Meg

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back