WAG Gyms near Port St. Lucie/palm beach FL

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

2littlegymmiesmom

Proud Parent
So we could potentially be moving to the Port St. Lucie area of FL. I am doing some research on gyms but wonder if anyone here could give me any advice/guidance. We would be willing to travel within reason. I've seen some gyms in the Palm Beach area. I don't really know anything about the area other than what I've read so it's all new to me.

We currrently don't have an exact time table for the move but I was under the impression FL does compulsories in the fall and optionals in the Spring, correct me of this isn't true please. Oldest DD (10) is training Level 8 and YDD (8) is training Xcel Gold/6 (they practice together most of the time). We are in a state that competes from Oct/Nov until April/May so it's possible that YDD could end up missing an entire season based on what level she would be put in at the new gym and based on when we might move. That is obviously not ideal. ODD wouldn't likely be fine. I'm just trying to do my homework so we can take all this into account when trying to decide if the move will Be what's best for us
Thanks all.

I am down in Florida, down in Palm Beach County so I don't know a "whole" lot about Port St Lucie... Palm Beach County is a bit of a trek. Some folks do commute to work in West Palm Beach from Port St Lucie, but truly I think it would be a lot for gymnastics.

But yes, compulsories in the fall (mostly) and optionals in the spring (definitely) (states for compulsories are in the fall, but some gyms do continue to compete in the spring).
In our area, Xcel has become pretty popular for the spring.

As for Port St. Lucie, there is a gym All-Around Gymnastics that we have competed against. They aren't huge, but the gymmies that come out of there seem to do well.
There is also the YMCA Treasure Coast that do decently.
I can't think of any other names off the top of my head, but if you want to PM me any names you've heard, I can give you a little bit of an idea of what I've heard of them.

Thanks those are a couple that I saw. I also came across Boundless. All seemed within a reasonable commute. I also saw Tumblebees in Jupiter but that seemed like it might be a bit further.

I know I've heard Tumblebees called during awards, more than Boundless, but I don't know much about them.

Right now at All-Around they have a high level optional who is freaking amazing. She competed against my DD back in level 3, and I noticed her back then. She did level 4, then level 6 (highest AA at states). She proceeded to score out of L7 the next year with a TEN on floor, then do really well in L8 the rest of the season (we're talking 37.95). She was not at States, unfortunately (I was watching other gymmies and was hoping to see her), I'm not sure if she was injured or not.
There are a few coming up right behind her too. Maybe not skipping L7, but still very solid gymmies.

Good luck with your search!

If locations are fairly close to I-95 and the Florida Turnpike the trip between Port St. Lucie and Jupiter is not so bad but I know if you live close to the beach getting to the highway alone can take 20 minutes not counting a drawbridge on the Intracoastal stopping you in your tracks.

YMCA is closed down, there is 360 in Stuart and Boundless up that way. Jupiter is going to be about 45-1 hour from PSL.

I brought my team to a competition at 360 in Stuart. It's a nice gym.
I've never been to tumble bees, but we've competed against them often. They are awesome. We are from South Florida, so that's all I know of the gyms up there.

I brought my team to a competition at 360 in Stuart. It's a nice gym.
I've never been to tumble bees, but we've competed against them often. They are awesome. We are from South Florida, so that's all I know of the gyms up there.
I see they are hosting TOPS Testing this summer too.

We used to live in Port St Lucie. We moved about 4 years ago. My daughter attended 360. Even though 360 was in Stuart(next town over), the time/distance was about the same as All Around Gymnastics in Port St Lucie. I can not say enough wonderful things about 360. The owner really cares about the girls.

Not personal experience, but I have heard nice things about All Around Gymnastics.

Boundless is another program in the area. They are located in Palm City. They are new since we moved, but I have a lot of friends who have their daughters there. They speak VERY highly of the gym.

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have.

Thanks for all of the replies. We are definitely moving, most likely to Palm City but possibly Jensen Beach/Stuart area. We took a trip over the summer and my girls did a work out at 360 in Stuart. They really liked it. We also went to check out All Around and Boundless. They fell in love with Boundless. We sat down and talked with the owner for a bit and toured the gym and both my girls said it felt like their gym here in PA. We have no move date yet but I'm at least happy that my girls found a place that they seem to really like so it's one less thing to stress about with the move!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back