Gymstars

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

coach1234

Coach
Anyone going to gymstars next weekend?

Saturday is the longest competition i will have ever been too starting at 7.40am and the last presentation STARTS at 9.55pm so if anything runs late then its going to be even later! not the best set up if i'm honest having 10 year olds competing at 9pm, but should be a good weekend!

they are going to be shattered, are you staying over or travelling back ? Its must be at least 3 1/2 hours back to you ?

ugh I have had early starts before but never presentations that late. Hideous for all concerned. Good luck with that one!

I'm not sure the value of competing now, as girls not ready for voluntaries as just done compulsory nationals, with 2 and 1 to go this weekend. For those who didn't go to nationals, regionals for us were very late for us so the girls haven't had much chance to learn wooden after being on metal for so long if level 4/5. Sounds like a horrendously long day. I remember going last year and abandoning the car on a street hoping for the best and there are many more clubs this year. Have fun. Will watch the results.

I'm not sure the value of competing now, as girls not ready for voluntaries as just done compulsory nationals, with 2 and 1 to go this weekend. For those who didn't go to nationals, regionals for us were very late for us so the girls haven't had much chance to learn wooden after being on metal for so long if level 4/5. Sounds like a horrendously long day. I remember going last year and abandoning the car on a street hoping for the best and there are many more clubs this year. Have fun. Will watch the results.
I guess it's the way you plan your lessons, for example our girls are completely ready, they have been doing their compulsory routines in metal but we also made sure that they were doing voluntary routines in chalk as well . So I agree if your club was just focusing on compulsory's which is absolutely fine then they won't be ready but if your club knew this comp was coming up and planned for it e.g. Doing both sets of routines then they would be ready :)

I guess it's the way you plan your lessons, for example our girls are completely ready, they have been doing their compulsory routines in metal but we also made sure that they were doing voluntary routines in chalk as well . So I agree if your club was just focusing on compulsory's which is absolutely fine then they won't be ready but if your club knew this comp was coming up and planned for it e.g. Doing both sets of routines then they would be ready :)

Have you changed clubs recently? I didn't think your club had any compulsory gymnasts.

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back