WAG Hairstyles for Short Hair

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I recently cut my hair into a short bob. However, I did not think about how this would affect my gymnastics. My hair is too long to leave up, especially for competitions, but doesn't fit in a ponytail. I haven't had a problem yet because I've missed practice for various reasons last week, but I have practice again this week and a competition on Saturday. Has anyone had experience with short hair and can give advice on what hairstyles to use? I am a little at a loss of what to do.

Maybe try doing a ton of little pony tails and like pull them together? I really don't know because I don't have short hair

I am a mom, but hace a chin-length bob. Is the hair on the sides long enough to pull up to the top of your head in a barrette or pony? That would keep it from flying in your face. Leave the back hanging down... it wouldn't be long enough to cause many problems, would it?

If not that, a small pony tail on each side?

This is what we're doing for DD right now. I *can* eke out double french braids, but it's difficult and this is so fast and easy. Whenever she's fresh from a haircut, it's chin length and if I can't manage this I just do the top two ponytails on each side and leave the bottom third down.

IMG_8742_zpsydbglhzz.jpg

I realize you're older if you're posting on here, so I don't know if you'd do pigtails, but I though I'd share in case it helped.

For practice I just do a side part and a small braid at the front just to keep it from flopping in her face, or a half ponytail.

Ugh I made the error of cutting my hair into layers, so the back half went into a ponytail and the front fell out. It was incredibly annoying. My best (still not great) solution was to use a headband - which I kept in place with bobby pins - and hair clips above my ears. Then I basically refused to do any forwards or backwards rolls xD

You can also do pigtails, but it can look very juvenile.

Before my daughter grew out her bob, I used to do a spiderweb with just the front of her hair. Depending on the length of your hair, you could also try French braiding the front half, either in two braids going backwards or in a single braid going across the front.

My daughters have similar length hair. For meets, I do their hair immediately after a shower. I use a product called Demented to slick their hair into a bun. I also use several barrettes to hold the shorter hairs in place. We use a firm hold hairspray to spray the hair when wet and then again an hour or two later. It held very well for the first meet of the season.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back