Halfway through meet season & Update **Semi-Brag Alert**

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Just wanted to give everyone an update on Dani. She has finished 3 meets and every meet her AA score goes up by 1 whole point or more :) (1st meet 31.50, 2nd meet 32.80 an 3rd 33.75) :D. So, she is on a nice steady roll and will hopefully "peak" at championships in May. The girls started uptraining new skills a few weeks ago which seems like it is helping them keep motivated and challenged while perfecting their current routines.

It looks like we will be doing the Spring ballet performance, "The Nightingale" at the local Ballet company :cheerful:. I originally didn't audition her because I thought the rehearsals would interfere with the meets and practices this time around. But after a phone call last week from the director, they have decided that it shouldn't be a problem to work around her gymnastics schedule :). I felt very flattered after hearing how much they enjoyed having Dani in The Nutcracker and that they would be calling to invite her back for this next show :blush:. The lead male dancer at the company is also an accomplished gymnast, so the gymnastics card is probably playing in our favor right now :D. Needlesstosay, Dani is super excited!! She LOVED the costumes and the stage experience that the Nutcracker brought and may have just caught the drama/performing arts bug!!!:p. Dani picks up choreography very quickly so that is also a plus on our side as well. The girls her age at the company are also super nice and sweet and they all get along very well. Dani is still expressing an interest in learning Pointe so we will see if and how long we can continue to do both gymnastics and ballet. Right now it seems to be working so we will continue go with the flow :cool:.

Dani has a good 5 weeks before her next meet so no meet reports for a while. Thanks for letting me share!!

Last edited:
That is certainly a great Dani update! She sounds like she is doing well in all angles of her life... :D

Good luck at her next meet and here's hoping for smooth sailing until championships in May!

Sounds like she is having a blast, lovely that she is able to do so many thing and have fun at them all. SO glad the ballet is so much fun, she looks like a natural.

Great news all around !! Sounds like she is well on her way to being at the top of her game for championships !!!

Can't wait to hear about the play, sounds fun.

Thanks for the update. I think it's wonderful that she has the opportunity to do the ballet performance again. Enjoy the little break before her next meet.

It sounds like Dani is doing amazing. How awesome that her AA score continues to improve with each meet. She must be working hard to clean up the deductions. I bet we'll hear great things from her state meet!

And as for the ballet...well, I can't think of anything that would be more complimentary to her gym, or her performing personality! It really sounds like things are working out wonderfully for Dani.

We're looking forward to hearing more from both endeavors.

Congrats to Dani! How wonderful that the director would actually call and ask for her too!

Way to go Dani! Sounds like she is really starting to shine!

What new skill is she training?

Thanks!! She is training the free hip circle on bars, front handspring front bounders and punch fronts (notice the front tumbling trend :rolleyes:) on floor. So pretty much Level 6 skills. Oh, and she is always working on that ROBHS--one of these days she WILL get it!!!

Thanks for all the support and kind words guys :D!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back