Off Topic Halloween Costumes!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey I'm sharing what my kids are going as and am curious to see everyone else is doing! I'm still looking for a costume for myself, seriously though the women's section should have an 18+ rule to view :rolleyes:

Ashley wanted to be scary this year. I'll be doing her hair in ringlets a la 'Claudia' from 'Interview With the Vampire' lol. I like her costume a lot, it wasn't expensive thank goodness! I'm just glad it's something I can put thermals under if it's cold.

YouTube - Ashley The Vampire!

AshleyHalloween2.jpg

AshleyHalloween1.jpg

My son is fulfilling my wish for a little Yoda. Ever since the Yoda in the movie 'E.T.' I have wanted my very own waddling green guy! I got SUPER lucky and scored the last one in stock tonight! He hates the flash from the camera, so I had to give him a sippy cup of milk to make him happy for photo time. He chewed it up so bad it spilled everywhere but oh well! I got my pics. Tried to get him walking in the video but he kept running away from me like we were playing a game lol. I had to settle for recording chasing him out of the bathroom.

YouTube - Richard as Yoda

Richardyoda8.jpg

Richardyoda6.jpg

Very Cute !!!

We are going costume shopping today, so I will have to tell you later. My son will be 13 (OMG- how is that possible) on Saturday and is having a costume party, so we need to get this done today.

Here is my "Zombie Prom Queen". She designed & made most of the costume herself, except for the skirt underneath the netting stuff, & the accessories. But she did make the top & added all the netting. Already won 1st prize for the best costume @ a Halloween party last weekend! ;)

Linsul your kids have grown so much, a year passes fast. Lovely costumes.

MSL, now that one REALLY grew up! She looks great, I love the zombie idea. My son was Sean from the Brit comedy/horror "sean of the dead.

This year DD, 10, is going as a greek godess. I don't have a photo of her yet. She is also going to a gym buddy's house for a halloween/birthday sleepover.

DD, 13, doesn't know what she wants to be. She is quite sick right now. Could be H1N1, we'll see how she is in the morning, I am very close to giving her tamiflu. She has been pondering Waldo or a teenage mutant ninja turtle, we shall see.

Heh. I still do stuff for Halloween.

I'm going to be a ninja-pirate.

Konnichiwa, matey!

We have this event where the residence halls turn the halls into a haunted house for the community members and all the halls compete to be the scariest and stuff like that. On Halloween I was supposed to have a part in my hall and as of two days ago they cancelled it because of the flu. Lame. I was really excited to scare a bunch of kids, and now I don't have a costume for what ever I do decide to do on Halloween. :/

Here is my "Zombie Prom Queen". She designed & made most of the costume herself, except for the skirt underneath the netting stuff, & the accessories. But she did make the top & added all the netting. Already won 1st prize for the best costume @ a Halloween party last weekend! ;)

Wow that's awesome, very cool that she made it herself!

Linsul your kids have grown so much, a year passes fast. Lovely costumes.

MSL, now that one REALLY grew up! She looks great, I love the zombie idea. My son was Sean from the Brit comedy/horror "sean of the dead.

This year DD, 10, is going as a greek godess. I don't have a photo of her yet. She is also going to a gym buddy's house for a halloween/birthday sleepover.

DD, 13, doesn't know what she wants to be. She is quite sick right now. Could be H1N1, we'll see how she is in the morning, I am very close to giving her tamiflu. She has been pondering Waldo or a teenage mutant ninja turtle, we shall see.

Yup the kids are big! Very nice costume choices on your end, sorry to hear about your girl being sick :( I hope she feels better very very soon!

Heh. I still do stuff for Halloween.

I'm going to be a ninja-pirate.

Konnichiwa, matey!

That's like....a head explosion of awesome.

We have this event where the residence halls turn the halls into a haunted house for the community members and all the halls compete to be the scariest and stuff like that. On Halloween I was supposed to have a part in my hall and as of two days ago they cancelled it because of the flu. Lame. I was really excited to scare a bunch of kids, and now I don't have a costume for what ever I do decide to do on Halloween. :/

Oh no that sucks!!! I hope you can make alternate plans, Halloween is such an awesome holiday, can't let just the trick or treaters have all the fun ><

I'm a munchkin! My friends and I decided to go as everyone from the Wizard of Oz!

haha very cute!

Thank you Linsul :)

Just had to tell you all about this awesome costume one of the first years had on at their Halloween disco- she was all in black and had outlined herself with glow sticks! It was really cool :)

I'm going to be a cake... BUT NOT JUST ANY CAKE!!

I'm going to be the cake from Portal.

(yeah, not very many people are gonna get the joke at gym either, but the ones who do will find it hilarious)

(yeah, not very many people are gonna get the joke at gym either, but the ones who do will find it hilarious)

But the cake is a lie!!!

Edit to add...exactly what will you wear?
:D

Last edited:
sportyfam5-albums.html

This was my daughter's from last year. She won the contest at gymnastics and got a leo of her choice. We were very proud of how it turned out.

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 28
  • side 1.jpg
    side 1.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 21
  • side 2.jpg
    side 2.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

...this was a triumph...

(also, the cake is a lie)

Do we need a geek corner?

well i dont have a costume this year. the gym decided to cancel our party. but if i did go i would have been a bumblebee or the queen of hearts (alice in wonderland). or i could have been a guy and put on my brothers clothes haha =] my mom makes all of our costumes. my siblings are

Younger sister: roller waitress
Younger (older than my other) brother: hamburger helper hand (this looks so awesome! no idea why he wanted this tho)
Younger brother: an awesome ghost (he wears black pants so when its dark it looks as if he is floating)

Hey, remember how I said I was gonna be the cake?

That was a lie.

(I actually dressed as my Renaissance Faire character, whose name I now use here and pretty much everywhere on the interwebs)

I've been going out as a cirque performer....lends itself to party tricks!

Went out tonight, was awesome! Richard was all boogery and sad so we didn't have him go out, he would've thrown a fit! He got all dressed up for enchiladas at a friends house later, but he was too camera shy for a photo. Ashley just sat for her dress rehearsal costume run. When it came time to actually walk, she was walking on the dress /sigh

Ones with her hair done and such
1Halloween09.jpg

Doing her 'scary face'
8Halloween09.jpg

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back