Handstands

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

No matter how much I practice holding my handstand, I can't seem to stay up. I've tried all the advice from my gym like going against the wall, pushing through my fingers and having somebody hold my legs. None of it seems to help me very much...:( Mabey I should work on more arm strength. :gloomy:

Hi

I would love to answer your question, but! i am going to plaster a little shameless promotion. I have an article coming soon on the Handstand, which i would hope will help you improve your handstand. The article is aimed at teaching the Handstand to the beginner but the advice and progressions to developing the balance might help you out.

Sorry not to give you the reply you were after but just so you know there will be a HUGE reply as a result..stay tuned.

sorry i personally can't give you much advice because I'm horrible at staying up in a handstand for any longer than 5 seconds. lol

but there's another thread under skills and drills called handstand drills that you should check out. It may be helpful to you, it helped me quit a bit. :D

~Robin~

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back