Handy links for Worlds 2017 in Montreal

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Does any one have recommendations on best events to attend? We have tickets for Saturday event finals already but I am trying to decide between Friday or Sunday finals.

So excited to go! We already have hotel booked as well.

Any recommendations for hotels?

Anything downtown near the green metro line stations. That is the line that takes you to the Olympic stadium. Do not stay out by the stadium, hotel there is nasty and there is less to do.

I like Embassy Suites, Springhill Suites, Square Philips, L'appartement hotel. Residence Inn on Peel also good.

The Hostelling International also has private rooms that are a good deal for budget travellers.

*sigh* I don't think i've ever paid so much for a hotel room, even in NYC. Thinking of maybe going for less days to make the trip more doable :-/

we booked an VRBO, and it was sooo much cheaper, great location, and great amenities.

Just a small warning, in Quebec rentals of under 30 nights have to be regulated, inspected and insured through the government. They are actively closing down the many illegal rentals in the city, and have hired 18 new inspectors to do the job. A legal rental will have a rating plaque outside the front door and will be listed on the horrific Quebec website. Do ask the owner if yours is legal, because showing up during a busy travel week to find your rental is closed down can really suck.

Here is a link to 20 pages of legal rentals, you can sort or use the map view, best option is map view.

https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/accommodation/cottages

Last edited:
A governement run website for tourism in Montreal: http://m.tourisme-montreal.org/Menu . This way you're sure your accommodation is legal. Also, you can call the center for tourism information .1 877 BONJOUR (1 877 266-5687). They can book your accommodation for you and send you maps and guides by post before your trip. I worked for the center in Québec city and the prices are the same or lower than the ones you would have by calling yourself.

A governement run website for tourism in Montreal: http://m.tourisme-montreal.org/Menu . This way you're sure your accommodation is legal. Also, you can call the center for tourism information .1 877 BONJOUR (1 877 266-5687). They can book your accommodation for you and send you maps and guides by post before your trip. I worked for the center in Québec city and the prices are the same or lower than the ones you would have by calling yourself.

The quebecoriginal.com site I linked is also a government one. It is new, but still horrible. Calling and letting them do the work is a great idea Catou.

Just a small warning, in Quebec rentals of under 30 nights have to be regulated, inspected and insured through the government. They are actively closing down the many illegal rentals in the city, and have hired 18 new inspectors to do the job. A legal rental will have a rating plaque outside the front door and will be listed on the horrific Quebec website. Do ask the owner if yours is legal, because showing up during a busy travel week to find your rental is closed down can really suck.

Here is a link to 20 pages of legal rentals, you can sort or use the map view, best option is map view.

https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/accommodation/cottages

Thank you for this, I have emailed to find out the status on the rental.

We booked at Sheraton Laval, since that's where we have stayed for gymnix. Is it very far from venue???? Will we b able to drive to stadium and park at stadium????

We booked at Sheraton Laval, since that's where we have stayed for gymnix. Is it very far from venue???? Will we b able to drive to stadium and park at stadium????

What is with all the question marks? Just one will suffice to ask a question.

The Sheraton Laval is about 20 minutes north of the city, in a suburb called Laval, and the Gymnix gymnasium. So it is relatively convenient for that. It also sits on a major highway and is not in the center of Laval. The Olympic stadium is much further east than Gymnix. I would not stay there as there are limited things to do and see around there, there is a huge mall and a space center. Use google maps to see locations and driving times.

Read the links in the top post, there you will find tourism links for things to do and see. More than that you will see that I recommend staying downtown, or in the old city, by a metro station as that is what you will use to get to the venue. A car in Montreal is not that useful as driving is pretty unpleasant due to our never ending roadworks. Drive, park and let it sit.

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back