WAG Haney under investigation

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Great so now if someone even files a complaint we make the news........ Imagine if this were your profession.....
Your putting a lot of false information out here.
What is USAG supposed to do when they are asked, lie and say she's not under investigation? Of course it's going to make the news - Haney is high profile.
Correct. Haney is high profile and it is going to make the news BUT if you read carefully, nowhere in the article did USAG acknowledge that Haney is under investigation

There definitely have been coaches put on the list and then quietly taken off. There have also been coaches accused of things that did not happen and even when cleared, their careers are done. And no I do not care to give those names or details. Those coaches have been through enough. And no I am not a coach, but I believe in looking very closely at this stuff, because I have a daughter in the sport. Honestly there has been EVERY scenario possible in terms of coaches accused. And as a former educator who was accused of something that went all the way to the attorneys before I was cleared because the proof finally came out (thank God!), it just sucks that innocent coaches are getting lumped in with the ones who are NOT innocent and completely deserve whatever punishment they get and then some.
Are you insinuating that you believe Haney is innocent?

Great so now if someone even files a complaint we make the news........ Imagine if this were your profession.....
If you read the article, this is not just one person that filed a complaint about one incident. The article states that there are complaint(s) that gymnast(s) were abused on a "regular basis"

I know for a fact we do not hear about every complaint. There is a Facebook post by a mom of a high level gymnast in NC that detailed some really hideous allegations, and I know that this coach has been reported more than once to Safesport and nothing has been done.

As far as Haney, I read on another page that parents and gymnasts who have complained and gotten nowhere have started contacting the reporter from the OC Register directly to try to get things done.
You are so correct. I as well know for a fact we do not hear of every complaint. I also know for a fact that Scott Reid at the OC Register is contacted by many people who have reported to SafeSport. If you know of a mom in NC who's daughter has been abused, reported to Safesport multiple times, and nothing has been done this needs to be addressed. I have resources that can help her. Where might I find this Facebook post? I would love to reach out to her.

It’s not a rumor ..... Sadly safesport is a highly disorganized organization . And yes they spend time on head scratching incidents and ignore much more important issues . However, everyone deserves a little due process prior to being outed in the media ...
LJL is right...CoachP is wrong. No way USAG Safesport spent time investigating a gym with one complaint of a coach yelling at a child for being late. Either there is more to the story or your using the word investigation improperly. I recommend you read the policies and procedures for how USAG handles a complaint. Did the gym owner get called and questioned about the incident? Probably, but that is not an investigation. USAG handled it exactly how I would hope they would handle it. They received a frivolous complaint, called the gym to respond to the complaint, deemed it not a valid violation, and closed the case. Probably took them all of 20 minutes to open and close this case. As it should have. Again, that is not an investigation. Your using the term loosely.

There definitely have been coaches put on the list and then quietly taken off. There have also been coaches accused of things that did not happen and even when cleared, their careers are done. And no I do not care to give those names or details. Those coaches have been through enough. And no I am not a coach, but I believe in looking very closely at this stuff, because I have a daughter in the sport. Honestly there has been EVERY scenario possible in terms of coaches accused. And as a former educator who was accused of something that went all the way to the attorneys before I was cleared because the proof finally came out (thank God!), it just sucks that innocent coaches are getting lumped in with the ones who are NOT innocent and completely deserve whatever punishment they get and then some.
Do you mean coaches falsely accused of sexual misconduct? I have been watching all of this very closely, and I have seen zero examples of coaches getting put on the suspended list for frivolous nonsexual misconduct complaints and then quietly removed. Meanwhile some very serious nonsexual misconduct complaints are flat out ignored. The only suspensions I have seen outside of persons directly involved in the Nassar case are all sexual misconduct complaints.

The question should be , why isn’t she already on the list . Because outing people who are not on the list is going to result in more legal action . And worse potentially outing someone who has done nothing . Because let me tell you , the public are perceiving guilt first . Now Maggie May be guilty , but what about the well known coaches who were put on the list and then taken off? What do they get ? Money ? Apology? Do you ever hear about the coaches who are off the list ? No.... that’s a huge problem . How would you like to be Dan W from Arizona and get out on the list for everyone to see and then taken off quietly .... no one cares but he sure does and the rest of us are scared ....
What is your agenda here? I get you are defending a friend of yours, but it sounds like you have a bone to pick that has nothing to do with the Haney allegations. If someone was put on the Safesport permanently ineligible or suspended member list (as you state this Dan W was) that means one of two things

A) He went through a full Safesport investigation where he was given every opportunity (same right as the reporting party) to be interviewed by the investigator, defend the allegations against him, and provide evidence showing otherwise. It was then found that the evidence (from both parties) showed the allegations were found more likely than not to be true. Sanctions were imposed and he was added to the list according to policy. At which point, he appealed and won in arbitration. Resulting in being added upon first decision and then being removed after the appeal decision. This would explain the being added and then being removed that you stated. Done quietly? If being done quietly means "not being blasted all over media" then yes, it was done quietly. In all fairness, being added to the list is done quietly as well.

Or B) During your friends investigation there was credible evidence provided that would lead USAG Safesport officials to believe that a child was currently in danger and warranted an interim sanction being imposed such as a no contact order or interim suspension which would result in the accused being added to the list while the investigation was being conducted. This is not unusual practice. This is clearly described in their policies. USAG is charged with the responsibility to protect the athletes above all else. So it is possible that your friend was added to the list while the investigation was being conducted and then removed once judgement was made because after full investigation, evidence showed the allegations to be more likely than not to be false and he was cleared. I encourage you and others (that are supposedly scared) to educate yourselves on the policies and procedures in place before coming to inaccurate conclusions about how things are being handled.

Just wondering who you are? You jump on here “new member” and start instigating and questioning long-time, we’ll-known members. We try to be a place where discussions stay civil and we don’t attack each other. Coach P has lots of knowledge and experience.
I am not attacking anyone. Are new members not allowed? I have actually been a member since 2017 and just have never posted much. Also, isn't it possible that I may have lots of knowledge and experience as well?

I am not attacking anyone. Are new members not allowed? I have actually been a member since 2017 and just have never posted much. Also, isn't it possible that I may have lots of knowledge and experience as well?
.. some of your posts contradict themselves so much it’s not even worth discussing . You say no one has ever been on the list and take off quietly . I give you just one name and you post a reply that still doesn’t explain how this could happen by a company we all are supposed to have faith in. The fact that you didn’t even know about that situation is what I am eluding too. Your other posts are pure speculation on your part and your opinion (which is totally fine so long as your not making claims about the validity of other posts). . I am not posting anything that I haven’t been told by pretty reliable people . You are apparently unaware that if excessive conditioning is issued to a child as punishment or if they are held down in the splits that Safesport will call the gym to investigate and ultimately could result in action. But in the same breath you say you are going to educate all of us on policies . If you read the entire thread you will see that I have already replied to much of this . My agenda is Safesoirt is doing a poor job. And yes some high profile people are still not on the list and no I am not going to publish names just to prove to you I am correct .... .

Do you mean coaches falsely accused of sexual misconduct? I have been watching all of this very closely, and I have seen zero examples of coaches getting put on the suspended list for frivolous nonsexual misconduct complaints and then quietly removed. Meanwhile some very serious nonsexual misconduct complaints are flat out ignored. The only suspensions I have seen outside of persons directly involved in the Nassar case are all sexual misconduct complaints.
As I said, I won’t be going into it. But I am so sorry you had such a bad experience. I hope your daughters stay in the sport, because there are a lot of good coaches out there!

Here are some things everyone should think about . People are added to the List without ever being contacted questioned etc... that is absolute fact . I know three people personally who only found out they were on the list/under investigation , because friends saw it online !!!! Can you imagine ? And then taken off quietly . That means no announcement no nothing . How about a blast email with a &@$&. Apology at least !!!! Edit : one is still on the list , two were taken off . Just wanted to clarify .

As I said, I won’t be going into it. But I am so sorry you had such a bad experience. I hope your daughters stay in the sport, because there are a lot of good coaches out there!
We did find a good one, and I am very thankful! But we have had many repercussions even to this day from our experience, so I strongly feel like better protection is needed. In no way am I justifying what Haney might have done (if it is proven to be true), but there is a huge difference between the type of coaching necessary for true elite gymnastics and coaching young compulsory gymnasts as if they are in an elite program with abuse thrown in as well.

LJL is right...CoachP is wrong. No way USAG Safesport spent time investigating a gym with one complaint of a coach yelling at a child for being late. Either there is more to the story or your using the word investigation improperly. I recommend you read the policies and procedures for how USAG handles a complaint. Did the gym owner get called and questioned about the incident? Probably, but that is not an investigation. USAG handled it exactly how I would hope they would handle it. They received a frivolous complaint, called the gym to respond to the complaint, deemed it not a valid violation, and closed the case. Probably took them all of 20 minutes to open and close this case. As it should have. Again, that is not an investigation. Your using the term loosely.
So you just said I am wrong , that no way USAG/safesport spent anytime investigating (I said they got a call) . Then you go on to explain why they probably called ... meanwhile you missed the entire point of my post !! Which isn’t the fact that they got the call, (They are supposed to do this) it’s that they blow off other bigger issues and I was also making a point that I hope every call doesn’t make the news. You are not even reading the posts throughly . your other questions are already answered in the existing posts .

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back