Parents Hang in there

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I just wanted to let everyone know I was so nervous about my daughter going to gym this summer since it was so many hours. My daughter started this week and is doing great, she does not mind getting up and is really enjoying the summer training. This has been a hard year for her she wanted to quit, change gyms or just do recreational gymnastics. Then she realized that she really wanted to stay and compete with her team.(It was her first year as a level 4 she just turned 8). I can see a whole change in her I think she has really matured and understands to do gymnastics she really needs to work hard and make sacrifices. Gymnastics has really taught her alot. We have also seen alot of kids leave for various reasons, some of them because of their parents feel like it is just too much of a commitment, I have often felt this way. To all the new team parents I would just say hang in there it is scary for both you and your child to be on the team, there are times when it is very frustrating, but the rewards and benefits at the end are worth it if your daughter truely loves the sport. :)

I'm glad she is doing fine.How many hours of gym does she do during summer?
My daughter will go about 21 hrs/wk.

I'm so glad to hear she is doing well. This sport can be so confusing and demanding. As adults we all have a tough time with it sometimes, so you can just imagine how hard it is on the kids when they are still very young. For the girls who do stick with it and have that love for the sport - it really does give them back as much as they give.:)

I am feeling worried about the increase in hours. (now going 16 instead of 12, training level 6) It is truely a part time job. This sport makes me crazy. Part of me wonders what we are doing to our kids and part of me thinks it is the best possible thing for them.

Thanks!
I figure as long as my girls are happy and enjoying it (well most days! Im sure there will be days they are dragging its just being human)
and want to go without being dragged they will things will be reevaluated if there attitude changes about being at gymnastics

Only once did I hear from my DD she wanted to quit. It came as a shock to us. but really she was more scared than anything. After we found that out and talked to her she was fine.

It is an up and down sport, and the downs can be really down.. luckily we still have more ups than downs

I am so glad that your daughter is excited about her sport again!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back