WAG Happy Halloween! Are yours practicing tonight?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We did the same tonight. Gymnasts and coaches dressed up - paid 50p and got a little bag of sweets/chocolate at the end of their session. But we are doing Halloween week so the kids that don't train tonight get to dress up on their training nights :)

Optionals were practicing until 8pm (which is when trick or treating is winding down here). I told the coaches that she would miss tonight as she's still in elementary school. We would have gone if practice was earlier.

Practice is on for DD but she's not going -we can't fit in practice plus trick or treating on a school night so something had to give. She very rarely misses gym but this seemed like a good time to skip.

In the past DD has always practiced in favor of Halloween. One year the coach was mad that she showed up because everyone else skipped, and she could've went home if not for my DD. This year we decided to skip and enjoy a family day. My DD said she didn't leave artistic behind to let rhythmic/t&t take over her life too. Coach was very understanding.

Reactions: sce
No practice for our girls. We also always have a Halloween party after practice the Saturday before. They play games and make a haunted maze out of the mats, and have a Costume contest that the older girls judge.

Gym closed (and it doesn't hurt that it is the 5th Monday and our rec tuition is based on 4 weeks a month)! Makes for happier kids, happier parents, and happier coaches.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back