Welcome to our Gymnastics Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Happy New Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBS

Administrator
Staff member
Verified Coach
Proud Parent
Former Gymnast
Sep 3, 2005
Wisconsin
Country
USA
Everyone have those new year resolutions for 2007? Post them here.

L

lil'gymnast

i want to get my giants on the regular bars (with straight legs).

R

rainmonkey03

To start taking gymnastics lessons, and to move out of my parents house.

JBS

Administrator
Staff member
Verified Coach
Proud Parent
Former Gymnast
Sep 3, 2005
Wisconsin
Country
USA
I have tons of them...I'll just stick to the one for this site.

I want to develop this site into a great gymnastics resource. I started the forums about 15 months ago. I have not really put any effort into it until the last 3 or 4 months. We almost have 1000 posts. I would like to have over 5,000 posts by the end of next year. So my resolution is to constantly promote and be a part of The Chalk Bucket.

G

gracefulone

I have three. One was from my mom, one from my friend, and one I decided on. I'll put them in that order.
1) hang out w/ friends more. This is b/c my friends and I are so busy all the time that sometimes we just assume we're all busy even when we aren't.
2)be more flirty w/my crushes. One has a girlfriend, though.
3) start running more.I used to, when I din't have cheer practice, but then I stopped making time for it. I had an easier time on floor when I was running. I want to start out w/ between 3-5 miles a week.

B

beamqueen

my new year goals

Well i have a few that i would like done by 2008

1. BHS on the high beam
2. FWO on the high beam
3. Back layout on the floor
4. 1/1 turn kips
5.Move up a level:eek:

F

flipflop

1. double back on floor
2. double full on floor
3. get better grades in school:(

G

gracefulone

Now that it's August, I thought we could use a checkup on how we're all doing!
My original goals: 1) hang out w/ friends more.
2)be more flirty w/my crushes.
3) start running more.
The results:
1) Yes, I did. All of my friends getting thier license helped a lot.
2) no comment. my friend is crazy!
3) Yes! during the school year, I kept up at least 7 miles a week.(goal of 3-5) During the summer, I 've been running at least an hour a day. Sometimes, I'll do my morning run, then do another one at night. My favorite is running up to my highschool, just looking at the pole vault stuff-so peaceful, then if it's my night run, I'll stop at my old elementary school and do pole vault drills/conditioning on the monkey bars.

How's everyone else doing??

JBS

Administrator
Staff member
Verified Coach
Proud Parent
Former Gymnast
Sep 3, 2005
Wisconsin
Country
USA
I have tons of them...I'll just stick to the one for this site.

I want to develop this site into a great gymnastics resource. I started the forums about 15 months ago. I have not really put any effort into it until the last 3 or 4 months. We almost have 1000 posts. I would like to have over 5,000 posts by the end of next year. So my resolution is to constantly promote and be a part of The Chalk Bucket.
My goals were above....I think we're doing quite well. Thanks for the update gracefulone.

T

TNTgymnast158

Now that it's August, I thought we could use a checkup on how we're all doing!
My original goals: 1) hang out w/ friends more.
2)be more flirty w/my crushes.
3) start running more.
The results:
1) Yes, I did. All of my friends getting thier license helped a lot.
2) no comment. my friend is crazy!
3) Yes! during the school year, I kept up at least 7 miles a week.(goal of 3-5) During the summer, I 've been running at least an hour a day. Sometimes, I'll do my morning run, then do another one at night. My favorite is running up to my highschool, just looking at the pole vault stuff-so peaceful, then if it's my night run, I'll stop at my old elementary school and do pole vault drills/conditioning on the monkey bars.

How's everyone else doing??
who are you??

did u send me mail on purpose

G

gracefulone

So are we going to bring this back to life for next year???
I would! I'm still doing very well on my resolutions. My friends and I always have fun; and we've even ended up at open gyms. Running has been harder since school started and it's gotten colder, but I work out at the Y after I work. I'm still making at least 6 miles a week, so not too shabby.

hunde2

Nov 5, 2007
My daughter wants to make her backhandspring backhandspring on high beam.
She would also like to have her 1/1 twist and 1 1/2 twist back that she is a little confused on now.

MartinaE

Mar 14, 2007
Germany
YAY! :)
So....I would like to get into creating websites more and hope I can put a few online plus redesigning our current site. I hope to get to use everything I`m learning at school right now.
I also hope to attend some gym competitions.
Then I hope to find some job - and hopefully a good one I like.
And most of all I hope for my family and me to be healthy!

G

gracefulone

back to life for '08

New year, new resolutions.

My biggest one this year is with one of my other friends; to make our school more eco-friendly, starting with recylcing. It's a big job, but we're both passionate.

Geoffrey Taucer

Admin/Coach
Staff member
Verified Coach
Coach
Former Gymnast
Jan 21, 2007
Baltimore, MD
Country
USA
-Get into full competetive shape on rings, floor, and vault, and start competing again (if I can find out how)
-Get my career as a freelance musician off the ground

G

gracefulone

Good luck! I hope you do well. I am considering one more goal. Two college girls my mom works with trained for and ran a marathon last year and they want me to do it with them this year. I've never been a great runner, but I like running because I feel like I lose myself. I let go of everything. Sometimes I run with my favorite music, othertimes just myself. I'm so busy, but in the summer, I'd go out running twice a day without any idea where I was going to end up. It would be a huge challenge to run the Chicago marathon, but I feel like if I could just finish it, I would be so proud of myself. Who knows? Maybe I'll end up liking it. Although 26 miles is a lot more than I've ever done! :p

G

gracefulone

Revival for 2009. This year I have 7 resolutions.

1) I want to be more aware of the things going on around me. I’ve started to realize all the things I miss by trying to move too quickly.
2) Make a final decision about college…and then BRING IT wherever I end up. Cough, Cough, starting an IC group on campus.
3)Get really serious about track season. I want to make this my year, and prepare for being on a college team.
4) Make my move class rank wise. I’m fourth. I want to move up at least one spot. 5) Help our IC club make a successful transition into a new era any way that I can. (A lot of us seniors will be leaving, and we want to make sure the rest of the group has the tools to keep going).
6) Scholarships! I need them.
7) Let myself loose. See what I can do. I know there has to be something more, and I resolve to find it!

MartinaE

Mar 14, 2007
Germany
YAY! :)
So....I would like to get into creating websites more and hope I can put a few online plus redesigning our current site. I hope to get to use everything I`m learning at school right now.
I also hope to attend some gym competitions.
Then I hope to find some job - and hopefully a good one I like.
And most of all I hope for my family and me to be healthy!

I did manage to find a job during the year - yay! :) And I made it to 5 gymnastics competitions over the year which is not bad at all for me. :D

I just did not get very far with my webdesign yet - so I will keep this up as resolution for 2009!
Still the most important thing is to stay healthy though - in this case the last year has not been all that pleasant.

Status
Not open for further replies.