Parents Hard floor

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

LGnyc

Proud Parent
DD recently moved to a new gym (September) and has commented from the beginning that she finds the floor very hard. She's getting more rebound, but recently has been complaining of ankle pain. She uses supports for her wrists; I was wondering if there are comparable supports for feet/ankles other than just wrapping. Would a heel cup like used for Sever's work? Anything else you know of would be much appreciated - she has problems with overuse injuries in general and I am not eager to see another one develop.

We thought my daughter had Severs. Turns out it was likely related to arthritis. We still have her wearing Cheetah cups because I figure it probably reduces some of the impact which is good for her. I read somewhere that they are helpful with shin splints as well- she has mild shin splints right now- which is another thing that makes me think they help a little with the impact. I am with you- we have had enough issues that I would like to minimize the chances of more. Maybe someone else will have other ideas about supporting feet and ankles- I'm interested as well!

We thought my daughter had Severs. Turns out it was likely related to arthritis. We still have her wearing Cheetah cups because I figure it probably reduces some of the impact which is good for her. I read somewhere that they are helpful with shin splints as well- she has mild shin splints right now- which is another thing that makes me think they help a little with the impact. I am with you- we have had enough issues that I would like to minimize the chances of more. Maybe someone else will have other ideas about supporting feet and ankles- I'm interested as well!
Thank you, Amanda. Ordered the cups just to be safe. Let's see if it helps!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back