Off Topic Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (SPOILER ALERT!)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Geoffrey Taucer

Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Gymnast
ATTENTION: THIS THREAD CONTAINS SPOILERS. DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED THE BOOK

So, what did you guys think?

I thought that it did an excellent job of tying up most of the loose ends and explaining what remained to be explained. In that respect, it was a very good end to the series.

Overall, though, I thought it simply wasn't as good as the rest of the series. It tried too hard to be dark and harsh, and seemed like it spent too much time attempting to shock the reader with character deaths.

I hated the epilogue. It was predictable and utterly uninteresting, and completely lacking in the sort of twists which Rowling has proven herself to be so good at. I was also, to be honest, really dissappointed that Harry ended up with Ginny. I thought she was a flat and boring character; I would have much preferred Harry to end up with Luna (who, I notice, was completely neglected in the epilogue), as she was a much more interesting and much more lovable character.

Yeah, the epilogue was pretty much book one stuff anyway. I actually liked the book. All the fight/chase scenes weren't really my style. But I love how everything was kind of twisted together; the complexity of each situation. The book was in my hands at 12:02AM. I never had to wait in line , either. I went to this weird store downtown that sells stuff to get rid of ghosts, etc. and they only had 20 copies, but only 10 were reserved(including me). My dad and I got there at about quarter to midnight. Then they opened the doors and we were first. If I wouldn't have had to work, it would have been fininshed by 7 am. But I only tayed up til 1 and then read from 3:30pm on. I had to teach a rec gymanstics class 9-10:30 and then help out at my unofficial job until 3. The epilogue only dealt with the main characters, which was pretty annoying. What about Lupin and Tonks' kid? What happened to Hermione's parents in Australia. What did all the ex-death eaters do? (Besides Draco). The "king's Cross" chapter fascinated me the most. I also liked when Harry was in Snape's pensieve; it explained a lot and we got the chance to learn a bit more about Lily and Petunia.

i thought the book was great!!!! i was also disapointed that Harry ended up with Ginny :(... The chapter when Harry went into the pensieve was really good.... i was so convinced Snape was bad and Dumbledore made a mistake trusting him... at least he did sort of protect Harry even if it was only for Lily! and i was so sad that lupin, tonks and fred had to die!!! enjoyed it though :) :)

yes, I think we learned a lot about both Snape and Lily and even Petunia.

I loved the book! I thougth it explained a lot! I thought it was really good when it told about Harry in the pensieve, i loved that part. The book was AWESOME!!

I was sad when Hedwig died. Harry was all like Hedwig, k now I'm over it. I was like HELLO SHE IS YOUR OWL THAT YOU HAVE HAD FOR A LONG TIME! But even though those people died I think that is what makes her writing outstanding is the fact that she does do stuff like that. How do you feel with your ear cut off...I feel holy...that was hilarious! We learned a lot about Snape i agree, I was so sure he was bad. I called my friend and was like OH MY GOD HE DID NOT JUST DIE! That was a really good book...do you guys think she will make a series about the kids?

do you guys think she will make a series about the kids?

I hope not. Leave it to the fans to imagine the future!

What I would love to see is a parallel book to Deathly Hallows exploring the events at Hogwarts while Harry and company were on the run. I want to know the specifics of what went on with Luna, Ginny, Neville, and the rest of the DA.

!!!!

I hope not. Leave it to the fans to imagine the future!

What I would love to see is a parallel book to Deathly Hallows exploring the events at Hogwarts while Harry and company were on the run. I want to know the specifics of what went on with Luna, Ginny, Neville, and the rest of the DA.

That would be so cool! I think it would be interesting to see everything from Snape's point of view...I like the idea like you said GT of leaving the future to our imaginations!

I wasn't very happy that he ended up with Ginny; I too would've liked to see him with Luna. I think she wanted those characters to still have deep ties though, at the end (Ron, Harry and Hermonie were best friends, Ron & Hermione got married, Ginny is Ron's sister and Ron is Harry's best friend and now brother in law, since Ron is married to Hermione that makes her the sister in law, right?). That didn't make a lot of sense but I hope you guys know what I mean :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back