Off Topic Harry Potter vs Twilight

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymgurl

Coach
Gymnast
Well this is the ultimate debate amongst most.
Which do you prefer?

Well i love harry potter and in fact it is speak using only Harry Potter quotes day today.

I love Harry Potter for its complexity and level of detail. The plots were planned beginning to end and really shows in the level of depth. I love the characters, in fact one day i will know every single Harry Potter character's name and where we first met them.

Any way i find twilight quite dry and characterless.

anyway i am now reading hp1 for probably the 4 or 5 time and i am still not bored

Please keep things friendly and criticise the books not the people's opinions

neither! ok, kidding. I'd have to say HP. Why? Can't say I know any guys who are into Twilight.

I like Harry Potter way better. Rowling writes with wit, irony, complexity and distinction. I can see why people are fans of the Twilight series, parts of it were enjoyable, but it doesn't top Harry Potter for me. I mainly like Alice, she seems pretty fantastic. I liked Rosalie better after reading her background. I think my preference lies with the back story for HP. It's got it's own fictional history, wars, villains, social constructs. Twilight is lacking in that department, though they try with the Vulturi angle.

As far as movies go, same. Low budget for the first movie but the director did what she could. 2nd movies cheesy wolf effects killed it for me, I was literally laughing. I think the actors are doing a better job in the HP camp, though time will tell. All I can say is I hope Kristen Stewart stays friends with Dakota Fanning! I didn't see the movie they did together, but so far Stewart sticks out for having jobs outside the franchise. Radcliffe did some plays I think, but I don't really keep track.

Edit: When it comes down to it, Joss Whedon rules my vampire/supernatural fictional world.

Last edited:
Harry Potter is an uplifting story that's well-written with complex characters and a fascinating world right next to our own. The story teaches us to value friends, that family is what you make of it, and to never doubt your abilities.

Twilight is a horribly-written story about a dull-as-dishwater whiny (emphasis on whiny. My God, did she ever shut up?), one-dimensional girl who is obsessed with some creepy sparkly dude with the message is that control and stalking are love.

Oh, and Renesmee? Other than the godawful name? She's super-powerful and everyone who meets her instantly falls in love? KILL IT WITH FIRE. It's seriously creepy.

I loved the twilight books but not the movies. I did not like Harry Potter movies either, and never read its books. I vote twilight though :)

I originally loved twilight, but now I am just bored with it. It keeps your attention though. I never read the Harry Potter books, but the movies def beat out Twilight. I went to the new Wizarding World of Harrry Potter in Universal Studios, and let me tell you that ride (I think its called forbidden journey) is the BEST RIDE EVER!!! It made me want to get into the series. Seriously, I felt like I was actually part of the movie. It was honestly the coolest experience I ever had. Its worth the three hour wait! All in all, I think HP beats Twilight. :)

Harry Potter, it's just a better story overal. I find the movies to be a better quality. There is also more Harry Potter, 7 books and 8 movies compared to 4 and 4 from Twilight. I wonder what kind of gymnastics skills a wizard or witch could do... (if they existed)

Harry Potter, it's just a better story overal. I find the movies to be a better quality. There is also more Harry Potter, 7 books and 8 movies compared to 4 and 4 from Twilight. I wonder what kind of gymnastics skills a wizard or witch could do... (if they existed)

You mean I'm NOT going to get a letter from Hogwarts?!:bawling:

Just curious, did anyone see Eclipse? Is the HP movies way better?

Definitely Harry Potter. I love the plot, the characters and pretty much everything about it. Twilight got really old really fast and after the first movie i lost interest so... ya Harry Potter is the definite answer for me.

I prefer twilight because when i was reading harry potter I got bored with it but i had to finish it because of a book report for school. I only read the first HP because of this. I read breaking dawn in 4 days just at school i just couldn't stop reading. Part of it also was that we were trying to see who could finish the series first! :p

Just curious, did anyone see Eclipse? Is the HP movies way better?

No contest. Eclipse really wasn't that great. At all. However, I saw the trailer for the last Harry Potter movie(s) and it looked AMAZING. I can't wait to see it, I'm sure it'll be great.

I like Twilight better because its so romantic and the two main characters need each other to survive literally:eek:. Harry Poter is alright the movies are kinda cool but i don't really like the books though.

I saw Eclipse and I loved it ecept the fact that they didnt put all of stuff that was in the book in the movie.

Harry versus...

I would like to see a movie along the lines of Predator versus Alien. How would Harry fare against either one of these critters? Should Harry be allowed a wand or a broomstick or both?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back