WAG Has anyone every had their dd train at a gym in Mexico while on vacation?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

1canadiangymmom

Proud Parent
Looking at either PVR or Cancun but dd doesn't want to go if she is going to miss a week of gym before comp season, so if anyone has, or knows of a decent comp gym in either destination please, please let me know.

I doubt it'll do too much for competition preparation but if your dd wants to do it, it could be a nice intercultural expirience.
I trained at a gym in central Mexico when I was living there. Have never been to either of the two cities but Jalisco is alsways well represented at (nacional) competitions, so I suppose there'll be a gym somwhere around Vallarta and I'm sure there's one in no. 1 gringo town :)
I'll look it up for you tomorrow.

How old and what level? One week away from gym is not going to be the end of her career. Conditioning should suffice.
She is 14, trying desperately to get to L8 for this year, first comp is early Jan. She wants to come with, but is not comfortable being away from the gym for a "whole week" just a few weeks before a meet. I thought it would be a good compromise.

She is 14, trying desperately to get to L8 for this year, first comp is early Jan. She wants to come with, but is not comfortable being away from the gym for a "whole week" just a few weeks before a meet. I thought it would be a good compromise.

If she is wanting this, and you're cool with it, I'd say go for it!
(DD has had a private in Hawaii, and trained with a team in New Orleans during springs breaks. Last summer we were in Ireland for almost 3 weeks, not long before they would decide levels, so she trained at two different gyms in different parts of Ireland.)

We were supposed to go to the Cancun Classic in January, but we ended up not doing it. You might be able to contact the organizers of that meet to see about a gym in the area.
http://www.classicgymnasticseventsusa.com/

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back