Has anyone gotten their dd the...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

When you first starting talking about the 80's workout attire 1st thing I thought of was the lovely leg warmers and Jane Fonda.I used to wear them all the time .Boy was I cute.MSL529 I live in W.C.florida and come Nov there is nothing but winter wear in the stores even thoutgh it is 88 outside you cannot find a bathing suit .
Ha-Ha! I find that so amusing! I guess all the warm stuff is in the stores in case anyone decides to take a trip North!

Something funny I've noticed since moving here, is that it's MUCH colder indoors than out, wherever you go. I have to take a jacket w/ me to dinner, movies, mall, etc, b/c they blast the AC to like, 60 degrees inside. Strange! Maybe I'll get me some of them nice cozy leg-warmers for when dh takes me out to dinner....hmmmm....ok, maybe not!

I noticed that too. I think it is because since it is rated E for Everyone, the typical "leo" shows off too much leg which may impede with the "E" rating??? That is the only thing I could think of...

Or it could just be the guys that created the game have no clue about gymnastics whatsoever!!!! LOL
Probably both! That cover is so funny!:D

Hey, if anyone does purchase this game, let me know what you think about it and whether or not you think it would be okay for a younger kid. I saw it in a magazine and thought about buying it for my youngest DD for Christmas, but she is in first grade this year, so her reading is still developing. She has had a hard time with a couple other games we have because there is a lot of reading of what to do or design, etc. so I didn't know if she would get frustrated with this or not. However, hopefully her reading will be coming along more by after the first of the year.

MSL529: They also have leg warmers for sale at Claire's. I cracked up because my oldest DD said she wanted to dress up like an eighties girl for Halloween, and I told her that she needed to have a pair of leg warmers for her costume. However, I didn't know know where we would be able to find any. Then less than a week later, I was in Claire's and saw them, and I was like OMG! :D

Actually, I've got to admit that I love leg warmers fr my baby girl. But they are so long on her that it looks like she's wearing tights and it makes diaper changes sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much easier.

MSL529: They also have leg warmers for sale at Claire's. I cracked up because my oldest DD said she wanted to dress up like an eighties girl for Halloween, and I told her that she needed to have a pair of leg warmers for her costume. However, I didn't know know where we would be able to find any. Then less than a week later, I was in Claire's and saw them, and I was like OMG! :D
Too funny! I guess if the leg warmers are for sale/in fashion NOW, then technically, your dd will not be an 80's girl anymore, LOL! Isn't it strange how fashion trends are so circular?!

I'm wondering if the game is accurate, cuz when i was looking on the game's website, they have a screenshot of a gymnast doing a straddle jump, and the bottom screen said "do a pike jump". So in other words, i'm wondering how accurate this game is. Supposedly there is a game called imagine: gymnast that just came out this thanksgiving. It came out in the UK a while ago, but there's no information about the US version anywhere on the internet and i haven't found it anywhere. I'm wondering if that one's better. :)

And you know what's even wierder (or sicker, depending on how you feel about the 80's)? I was in Limited Too the other day, and they were selling....are you ready for this?.... leg warmers! I was like....noooooo!!...

Heyyy, we ALL wear leg warmers in my gym! :p
Seriously, leotards and leg warmers. Looks much cooler than it may sound :p

There's nothing wrong with them! Just remember that we 'old' people used to wear them, 'back in the day'! Hope you can stomach the thought, lol!

Yep, I wore 'em all the time, to ballet, and then to school when they were in the height of fashion! :cool:

I am so glad to hear that you like it. I just got it for my DD! I wish they would make one for the Wii. I got Extreme Cheerleading for my other DD.

DD mentioned it back in November, and it was mentioned here about a week or so ago.

I looked at it, but am having a hard time with the price of the DS player AND the game itself, since she has niether at the moment.

I can't be the only parent that's thinking Santa needs to be frugal this Xmas.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back