Has anyone had a similar scaphoid fracture experience?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

chase_g03

Gymnast
So a little backstory. I am involved in gymnastics but also participate in CrossFit. In mid May, I was doing ring muscle ups and slipped and fell. I broke my left scaphoid and “strongly bruised” my right wrist. They (the ortho) told me not to worry too much about the right wrist and just be careful with it. The left scaphoid fracture went unnoticed for 2 weeks, then casted for 5, then braced for 4 weeks, and I’ve been brace free two weeks from today. So the current situation is there is ZERO pain on both wrists when not being stretched. The left wrist had a little bit of pain when being stretched but that pain has started to spread into my hand. The right wrist has made little to no improvement over the 3 months. Could I have done more damage to it than can be seen from an MRI and X-RAY?

You will want to consult with a medical expert.

I had a similar injury from falling and it required surgery, a pin, a cast, and the surgeon was not happy with the result, but said that as I was not a professional athlete that I could live with it knowing that I will experience pain and arthritis in my wrist going forward. When I got injured I got x-rays within 24 hours and the surgeon wanted to operate ASAP they didn't even want to wait another 24 hours, stating that the small bones in the wrist will start to heal incorrectly very quickly and if you don't get them set correctly bad things can happen.

Could you have done more damage, yes it is possible, but it is also possible that you are just healing slower than you would like. It takes time to heal the small bones fully. Consult an expert.

We can’t give medical advice on the Chalk Bucket. Please consult a doctor or medical professional .

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back