Has anyone heard of a Tsukahara attempted/done on floor?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

The heading says it all...

Im looking to know whether a Tsukahara(which is a vault)-- (a roundoff backsalt...BUT...the backsalt is done from their hands...before their feet hit the ground)

Does that make sense?

Its like you do a roundoff but instead of coming down on your feet then connecting a backsalt--the backsalt is connected from your hands - just like on vault only on floor.

Thanks for reading and your comments in advance! ^^

I am trying to picture it. My DD's team sometimes do Rounoff Tucks, Round off Lay outs.. so they go right into the tuck from the rebound of the round off.. Is that what you mean?

I'm certainly no expert but I don't see how they could get enough launch off their hands from the floor. I wouldn't think they could get enough height for the salto.

No not a bahrani :p

Shawn knows what i mean-- it would be very difficult but im sure it could be done eventually :p all of the skills competed in gymnastics now would never have been thought possible 5-10 years ago ;)

I guess im just going to have to be patient until then hehe.

(to explain better--imagine doing a handstand...and from your hands you push yourself up into the backsalt...except to do what I want to be seen done it would be from a roundoff instead of a handstand)

It's a round off interrupted by a back salto. :D Does that help explain it?

Yeah - I'm not really sure if that could be done either. When doing it off a vault you have room to rotate from the height of the vault table to the mat. I've never seen anyone do any kind of handstand hops where they were able to get more than about an inch off the floor. If you find any video of anyone doing anything like that I would love to see it though.

Yeah thanks shawn i forgot to link that - I found it earlier tonight.

I got a tad excited when i read the heading until i watched it haha :p my facial expression deffinately would have been a kodak moment!

Thats pretty funny. Now I am really curious if it is possible for real.

I'm fairly certain it hasn't been done before. I know people used to do it as a beam dismount, but now I believe it is a banned dismount because there was too much potential in hurting oneself. I suppose the same thing would happen if it appeared on the floor.

Hasn't been done, to the best of my knowledge.

HOWEVER, there is seldom-done floor skill in the men's code that is similar to a handspring front on vault, minus half a rotation (so it lands in a dive roll)

[youtube]p8lUViKgc0M[/youtube]

Hasn't been done, to the best of my knowledge.

HOWEVER, there is seldom-done floor skill in the men's code that is similar to a handspring front on vault, minus half a rotation (so it lands in a dive roll)

Ok - that was really cool !!!!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure people used to do that on the beam as a dismount. It's SOOO scary to watch. In this vid it's the first skill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF837QqfHmI

I think eventually it will happen. Gymnastics evolves every day. A couple generations ago people didn't even do giants on bars, and a backflip on the beam was considered too dangerous and almost banned.

Just so we are all clear...

We all know that "Tsukahara" is the official name for a full twisting double back on floor, right?

Even if a "roundoff with further backward rotation to back salto" could be done on floor, it would be a seriously ugly skill...:eek:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back