Has anyone read this story ?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Soooo.....did this move pay off for Belarus? Did replacing their own gymnasts with 2 U.S. girls that have no connection to their country accomplish what they wanted? I saw the scores, but don't really understand if that got Belarus what they wanted

Reactions: sce
Soooo.....did this move pay off for Belarus? Did replacing their own gymnasts with 2 U.S. girls that have no connection to their country accomplish what they wanted? I saw the scores, but don't really understand if that got Belarus what they wanted
I think they definitely qualified to the Rio test event next year where more spots will be earned (top 24 AA of those not on from a country that has a full team at this years worlds go). Someone would have to go through results more carefully, but at quick glance looks like only Lopez, Chuso, the Cubans and maybe a couple more finished ahead of them. I know the spots earned AT the test event next year for O's are nominative(meaning they go only to that specific athlete) but I couldn't find reference to whether the AA spots earned at this years worlds for next years test event are nominative or can be used by any athlete from that country.

Well they have a spot at the test event (51.800), so they can send their current junior champ if they wish (and all will be well with the world). The last country to get a spot was Iceland with a 50.398. Katsiaryna Fiadutsik had a 48 at euro's this year.

Well they have a spot at the test event (51.800), so they can send their current junior champ if they wish (and all will be well with the world). The last country to get a spot was Iceland with a 50.398. Katsiaryna Fiadutsik had a 48 at euro's this year.
Yep. Also looks like Danusia earned a spot for Jamaica with her results(she actually finished just ahead of the two American/Belsrusians). BUT it looks like the test event is at exactly the same time as NCAA's next year...bummer!

I've not followed the career of the native Belarus girls. Were they weaker than the Americans? Could they have possibly had the same results? If they are weaker, then perhaps the Americans did them justice.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back