Hate the rumors!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

You know what really bothers me?
All the interveiws, and books saying how bad gymnastics is for us. Like how the coaches are too mean, and insult us and judges being to cruel and everything! i mean no coaches are like ever like that! Most coaches are nice and encouraging, and once in a while mean, but every body has a bad day once in a while. All these people judge our sport, and they don't even know the coaches that most people are taught by. They treat our sport like it's bad fo every body, and little children shouldn't be introduced to it. When in reality, it teaches balance, coordinatin, and grace. It is so good at helping us grow up and realize that these skills are important life skills. I have learned (and continue to learn) so much from this sport, and I hate that people are tearing it down, because there are a few bad coaches out there. What's your opinion on what everybody says about gymnastics?

I said that I hate it..., but I do know that in some cases it is true, as it is true with any sport. However, as a whole, I think that gymnastics really is a great sport to be in.

I have to agree with gymluvr33. Sometimes it is true, as with any sport. But as a whole gymnastics is a wonderful sport.

yeah, i know it's true in all sports, but it just annoys me that that is all some people are starting to see of our sport. like if everybody saw it as often as it really happened i wouldn't have a problem with it.Grrrr :mad:

Doctors! urgg

you mean like if you get hurt? and the doctors are like oh well t's because she wasn't trained well enough, or oh well her trainers didn't strengthen her ankles enough. ughh thats true i totally forgot about them!

i hate it when non gymnasts say our choaches are horrid my coach is great she really kind when you get hurt and you progress really well with her and she has never been harsh on us and always gives loads of praise

It could be said of any sport really that isn't just the local soccer or llittle leage team. Any sport that you are serious about you will spend many hours practicing with coaches who get frustrated and will yell at times. But I think that is part of any sport. Over all those folks that don't understand usually have never had the commitment to a sport (or any thing really) that required hours of practice to get good at. i think in the 10 years my kids have been doing gymnastics I've only seen one coach that was questionable and he only lasted a month at the gym before being fired.

Frankly, I just don't think people understand. When gymnasts learn to suck it up and things like that, and people think that it's horrible that we're working in some conditions, I think they'd actually have to experience how we felt to know why we love this sport. When you tell people you love gymnastics, it's so hard to describe! I think gymnastics is held in a negative life in some ways, and at times I just really wish people knew how gymnasts felt.

That's exactly how I feel! I think that if they just gave it a simple try, they would know how it feels. Being a gymnast can get frustrating at times, because learning new skills can be a little tough! So when I hear their words, it makes me a bit angry, too. I know the feeling!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back