MAG Have placed the Peach to HS video back up on Youtube...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
Nice video. Wow it's crazy to watch how much practice and strength it takes to do gymnastics. I have never really watched the progression of boys gymnastics so I loved seeing the video.

Nice to have your input/expertise back on the boards.. your presence was missed.

While my discipline seems to be focusing more towards WAG, the MAG side still has a special place in my heart. I love to learn more whenever I can, and I appreciate the ability to keep my knowledge up to date on training and methods.

Can't thank you enough :)

Ryan

Thanks for the video.

Always great to be able to watch training drills to help teach a skill.

great video. nice and to the point. Do you have any more like it? Would like to see your progressions for PB giants and bales for giants on rings.

great video. nice and to the point. Do you have any more like it? Would like to see your progressions for PB giants and bales for giants on rings.

Seconded; I'd love to hear anything you can share about bales and giants on rings.

Seconded; I'd love to hear anything you can share about bales and giants on rings.

In terms in giants on Rings I think it is vital that the gymnast does not begin bailing from handstand until they can perform inlocates and dislocates towards handstand position. In other words, do not begin bailing from handstand but rather encourage swinging towards handstand. Build the skill upward rather than starting from handstand. I know this can be a long process however if the gymnast can not build upward then there is no point in starting from handstand as this can incur injuries and bad technique.

It is a better starting point to perform shoulder stand bail into inlocates and dislocates towards handstand.

In terms in giants on Rings I think it is vital that the gymnast does not begin bailing from handstand until they can perform inlocates and dislocates towards handstand position. In other words, do not begin bailing from handstand but rather encourage swinging towards handstand. Build the skill upward rather than starting from handstand. I know this can be a long process however if the gymnast can not build upward then there is no point in starting from handstand as this can incur injuries and bad technique.

It is a better starting point to perform shoulder stand bail into inlocates and dislocates towards handstand.

Any further drills/tips you can share on developing stronger inlocates and dislocates, then?

Any further drills/tips you can share on developing stronger inlocates and dislocates, then?

Best tip I can give to increase productivity is to utilise straps on rings. In doing so, the gymnast will maximise the amount of swings they can perform in one attempt therefore increasing rate of progression.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back