Parents Haven't been here in a long time

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi there, I have been a member here for quite some time, but haven't been around for such a long time. I am on Facebook a lot, so forgot about this place. Then also I didn't keep my dd's website up to date either. At some point I did update her Dutch website and in between I offered dd's group trainer to make them a website too and the English website got forgotten.

But I have finally gotten around to change and update it and thought I could let you know, so you could see it.

I am from Holland, so is my daughter of course, only she was born in Wales. My husband is from Scotland and we lived in England for a few years.

Anyways. My daughter is now 12 and has done gymnastics since she was 7. At first just recreational, but me pushing a little, she got into what we call the selection team. This is a small group of only about 20 girls that they go to regional competitions and finals for. She was in the group for 3 years and she changed to a different club in a different region last year. This season was her first time she did competitions for this region.

She had 2 competitions, but she didn't make it to the district final, but she does still have a regional final. Check out the website to see her films.

She really has improved from what she was like. There are several things to read/watch on her website, so hope you get the chance to check it out and let me know what you think.

Talitha's Gymnastics - Home

Talitha is sure still enjoying it. She just has her moments of having no confidence. We know she can do things, but she thinks she can't. So we always say, it is in between your ears.

Like with her dismount with bars, she always thinks she can't do it, but she can, but her trainer usually has to stand real close to her with the dismount, almost as if she is touching her/helping her, but she isn't.

But I am glad she is enjoying it. I am glad she went to this club, because her confidence did get better and this trainer knows better how to deal with her. And also, now she didn't make the district final, but she will still have a regional final in May, so her season isn't completely over just yet.

THe nice thing about gym is that it can be enjoyed at many levels. Some kids just love being in the gym and training with friends whilst others just love to compete and really shine there. I love the fact that it can be a great fit for so many kids.

So glad Talitha is enjoying gym whilst she is getting into the teen years. Nice that she still has a competiton to look forward to.

Nice to see you! Talitha is looking great! You can see how hard she is working. Glad she is still loving gym and getting to do what she loves! Great that she loves the new gym and that the coaches work well with her, too.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back