MAG HB Grips for Tiny hands

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

SMC

Proud Parent
I feel like this has been asked but when I searched it seemed most of the athletes were girls.

I have an 8 year old level 6 that needs new grips. His coach made his first pair last year but is no longer making them. His hands are measuring 5 1/8 inches, which appears to be quite small for even 000 in most brands. Does anyone know which brands run the smallest? His coach wants him to have double buckle.

Thanks!

CA Grips will make custom grips for HB, Rings and girls for a very reasonable price. Easy break in and small......made for small hands, the whole proportion of the grip is smaller.
One of the local gyms in my area with a large elite program have all their littles using CA grips before switching to big boy grips.

www.cagymnasticsgrips.com

Reactions: SMC
The CA grips look really similar to what he has now, proportioned for his hands all the way around. His current HB grips have two holes but we were hoping to find smaller ones with three holes, so this looks great. Thank you so much!

DS has been in Reisport 00 for the past year. His hands were at the very lowest end of their size chart (I think 5.25?), but they worked out well. That size was hard to find, though, and I think were only available in Velcro. We also looked at English Bulldogs, which had a 00 as well.

The CA grips look really similar to what he has now, proportioned for his hands all the way around. His current HB grips have two holes but we were hoping to find smaller ones with three holes, so this looks great. Thank you so much!
They've got them! Like I said, proportionally, they are the best for small hands. I rememebr my son used the English Bulldogs and the cuff and the velcro went clear up his forearm and it seemed like he could not get them tight enough.
The CA are great because the buckles are narrower, the cuff is small the grip is soft and they will make double buckles if you want.....these are made for little kids! 40-60 pounds.....they dont need all that leather!

After dealing with grip lock with my son, I would NEVER use grips from another apparatus on high bar.
If he can't find any grips that work, then don't use grips yet.

After dealing with grip lock with my son, I would NEVER use grips from another apparatus on high bar.
If he can't find any grips that work, then don't use grips yet.

Grip lock can easily happen with grips made for that apparatus. Coaches must be aware of their athletes grips...and sometimes it still happens.

High bar grips and uneven bar grips are not sized the same way...it takes a knowledgable coach to know the difference.

Hot Shots are men's high bar grips. They were the only grips small enough for DS. Yes, they only have 2 finger holes, which are smaller holes than other grips, but I really don't think there's enough leather to have 3 finger holes.

Reactions: sce
Thank you, I will look into hot shot grips as well, his current grips that his coach made for him have 2 holes and are fairly narrow. The hot shots may be similar.

I have a really, really small DS. His previous coach tried to take dowels out of grips, make grips, etc. He competed giants in level 6 without grips. He has been wearing Reisport high bar grips for awhile. They definitely took some getting used to but now he can't imagine doing anything without them. I think for the little ones, it just takes longer to adjust.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back