MAG He finally did it, a BIG change!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

munchkin3

Proud Parent
He switched gyms! This was in the making for about a year, but once we were basically out a coach, he mustered the courage to go try another one. He was so amazed that there were lots of other 'older' boys like him at various levels.
He is on his own now since I still have a younger gymmie at the old gym, and I won't really be there to watch etc. He is old enough anyway. If I hang around the gym too much at 14, that would be pretty lame!
The past week all we heard was, everything went great. Maybe it's a honeymoon, maybe not, but I don't care. He is happy with a new chapter.

We changed gyms twice a while back, and my daughter always did fine with adjusting to the new environment and new coaches. It was her friends that she had trouble leaving. Now it's been 2 years and she's still doing great and has forgotten most of those kids completely - but she was 6 at the time so memories can fade fast at that young age. I imagine the social aspect would be much more difficult at your son's age- I hope he makes friends quickly at his new gym. Great it is going so well so far!

Wonderful! Being with other boys his age is a big deal. At our gym, many boys quit around that age so it's really great for him to have others like him around.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back