WAG Healthy food suggestions

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm looking for suggestions for some good snacks/small meals that are healthy, high in protein(not all have to be), and also vegetarian. There's a lot of posts about snacks during gym, but not much on food during the day. I tend to get hungry a lot, and it seems to be hard to find healthy food to buy at school or small stores.Looking for stuff that's healthy but also filling. ;)

Quinoa is a grain that is high in protein and it is even gluten free! You can cook it how you would cook rice and then keep it in the fridge. It is good hot or gold. Sometimes I make it with coconut milk instead of water so it is a little sweeter!

Nuts, boiled eggs, peanut butter, veggies & hummus. I think the more filling snacks are combinations of a fruit or veggie with a carb or protein.

Trail mixes can be good. Trader Joe's has small packs that contain just nuts and dried fruit. You can also make your own to control the contents/nutritional profile.

We love those no bake energy bites, we just sub almond butter for peanut butter because my kids prefer the taste. And we throw in whatever dried fruit we have around for half of the chocolate chips.

Spinach salad with almonds or walnuts, raspberry vinegarette dressing, and fruit, like mandarin oranges or strawberries and dried fruit like cranberries. Yum.

Smoothies. Yogurt, fresh fruit, ice, milk (or we like almond milk, too) and honey. Sometimes flaxseed or coconut oil, too, or both.

Beans and rice.

Protein bars homemade, use rice or pea protein.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back