Off Topic "heat" day

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
So, with our schools, we have had snow days, we have had "too cold" days, we even had a "too smoky" day. And tomorrow, we have a "heat" day. Strange days....

Wow! Good for you. School has been scorching hot four days straight! My students are sweating and it is so hard to concentrate.

It has been hot in Houston this summer but I worked summer school and we were so cold in the building I had to wear a long sleeved jacket or sweater in the building every afternoon.

Students here have holidays from july to september. A nice, old tradition from before the climate change when august was still the hottest month of the year. The last three years it has been may, this year it stayed rather cool but started heating up in april. There is more snow, less spring and this year half the city was set underwater for a week or so.
Things are going to the extremes, strange days indeed...

Well for us here in Australia its still winter time but we have been having 85 degree days every day. I can't imagine what Summer will bring.

Our school is air conditioned (one of the few) so we thought we would be fine. However, it started malfunctioning yesterday. Last night, at about 8:15, it was still 85 degrees on the 3rd floor. So they are trying to get it fixed today. i always feel guilty for those parents that have to scramble to find childcare on these days, but it would have been really miserable to be there today.

It was 79 degrees at 9 this morning, so I do think it will be a hot one.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back