Hello, again! A reintroduction.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Danica76

Proud Parent
Hi all!

I wanted to reintroduce myself since I haven't been on here for months and only posted once, at that. :eek: A lot changed for my family in a very short amount of time, but we are all happy, especially my little gymmie.

DD switched gyms a few months before she was to start competing L3. A new gym opened up literally 5 minutes from our house! I had been told by some people I trust, to look out for a new gym in my area that was to be opened by a highly respected coach & judge. Well, DD had a try-out there and the rest is history! She (and I, as a parent), LOVE it there!

Her new coach recommended that DD not compete L3, but train L4 and come out strong in the fall for competition. We followed her recommendation and DD couldn't be happier. She has truly flourished at her new gym! She has pretty much all of her L4 skills (got her RO-BHS on her own about 3 weeks ago!) and is uptraining skills like FHC, cast-HS, and tucks on TT. A portion of each practice is also spent on basics & form, which has helped her immensely. My big gripe was the class size at her old gym, which was around 18 when we left. Her new coach is really adamant about keeping class size low. There are 6 girls in her class and they all get plenty of individual attention :D I just really love her coach's philosophy and demeanor. She is tough when she needs to be, but is always encouraging & gives a ton of praise.

DD has learned so much, has become super confident and poised and is just such a happy kid at the gym. It has translated to every area of her life, which is priceless. If that's the only thing gym ever gives her, then I will be forever grateful. I am incredibly thankful that we were able to come to this new gym, that it is so close to our home and offers such quality instruction (not to mention it is actually a few more training hours and less money!).

Anyway, I know this was a book, but I thought it was appropriate that I reintroduce myself & I really wanted to give you guys an update. I got so much help here when I posted about DD's old gym & my frustrations, and your replies assisted me in looking elsewhere & finding the best fit for her. If I didn't say it before, thanks!

Hope to "see" you more often & for those who are celebrating, have a great holiday!

That is wonderful news about the new gym! I wouldn't have been happy with a class size of 18 either. The new coach sounds fantastic!

Thanks, Nicki! It is really nice to have a HC who is also a judge...she knows what they look for in routines, so she works those details with the girls a lot. Judging is unpredictable, so who knows if it makes that much of a difference in comp. But, the girls routines sure do look nice!

Hello all buddies here, Me a new person want to say Hello to all the buddies here
at the forum and like this one forum due to the thread including the gymnastic and
have some discussion on that one.... I like the gymnastic much and like to do it....
But due to some time lack I can't do that....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back