Hello All! Seeking Advice!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Seeking advice!!
We recently moved from Dallas, TX to Fort Lauderdale, FL for a new job for my DH. Our DD did 1yr of Lvl 4 and Lvl 5 and was training for Lvl 6 before moving to Florida last month and now is training Level 7 skills with the possibilty of competing 7 or doing prep op, because this new gym does not do Level 5 or 6. I am so confused about the reason for Prep op and have read a few posts to try to understand, but I am still confused.
We are visiting Texas this weekend and my DD had the opportunity to work out with her old team mates, who all are training for Level 6 in the Fall. After a month of uptraining with level 7 skills, my DD return to her Texas gym and showed almost a regression in skills while trying to practice Level 6.
How do I know if she is at the right gym? Am I correct that Prep op is not apart of the USAG? Are there gyms in South Florida that offer the alternative?
Moving has been tough enough. We are coming from a small but highly successful gym in Texas with hands on training to a very large gym w/ multiple coaches and a lot of gymnasts.
Crystal:confused:

Welcome to the CB! You will definitely find some great information here and I'm sure people will be jumping in here soon enough with some great advice, including gym recommendations. My understanding is your DD could do prep op and score out of Level 6 while training level 7. There are a few threads about this that go into a lot of detail/debate. But if she really wants to stick with training Level 6 then 7, you may want to find a gym that follows that track. I am sure there are gyms that follow that route. Does Florida have their own usag site? I know my state has one and I have looked at the different gyms scores, what they compete in etc. just to get a feeling for what the gyms in our area are doing.

Good luck, I hope you are able to find a good fit for your daughter.

Prep-op is governed by USAG, but it is an "alternative" track. At this point, you still need to score out of level 6 at one meet to compete level 7.

There are several gyms in the area, and you might try looking at usagfl.org for the full member list. Also, if you want to send me a PM, I coached in Florida for 4 years and my gymnasts competed against most of the gyms. I might be able to offer a little insight.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back