Hello everyone - I`m new

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey! :)

Just wanted to say hello! I`ve just found out about this board while surfing through the net and decided to join right away. As a huge gymnastics fan I just can`t resist! :)
My name is Martina, and I`m from Germany. I`ve been a fan since 1992 and collecting anything on this great sport ever since. In 1997 I started to also travel to competitions which got me started on taking photos. I have done more and more of that, and finally made a big step by switching over to digital some time ago. :) Together with 2 friends I`m running a website. We have lots of photos online there. If anyone of you would like to have a look visit
http://www.gymnasticsunited.com

Hi Martina, neighbour,;). I am from Holland. I think I have been on your website at times, also a forum right? Welcome here. I am sure you will like this place.

Are you a parent, coach as well, or a big fan only? I was a fan myself as well, before becoming a parent as well, now I am both. But don't really visit competitions. Went to the Dutch Championships last year though.

Thanks so much for your welcome! :)
Yes, we have a forum, too. Of course we welcome anyone who decides to join.
I`ve never been a gymnast myself actually. But yet this sport fascinates me so much which leaves me to be a big fan. I still feel like I`m getting more of a fan with every day. ;)
Hey, that`s great you`ve been to the Dutch Nationals last year! :) So far I`ve only had the chance to also visit competitions in my own country. I`m regularly travelling to the DTB-Cup, and soon I`ll be in Cottbus for the third time for the World Cup there. :)

Great site:yes:...welcome to The Chalk Bucket.

I just bought a digital camera for gymnastics (and my daughter). Actually I bought it a year ago and haven't had too much time to use it yet.

I bought a Canon 20D...my main lens is a 85mm f/1.8. I have a couple other lenses that I would like to get, but I don't have the money right now.

You can add your website to your signature...that way it will appear at the bottom of every post you make here. Go to "User CP" to edit your sig.

Welcome to the Chalk Bucket!!

I loved looking at your pictures it is definitely something my husband (JBS) and I would like to get more into it. As soon as time allows!

Awww thank you so much for all the nice things you`ve had to say about our website! :) Also many thanks for the hint with the signature - I will add the link there very soon! :)

The Canon 20D is a great camera - I`m actually using the same! :) Also your lens is definately a strong one!
I am using the 80-200 f/2.8 - the one with the extra motor. It`s a great lens but certainly used up so much money, that I could not afford to buy another lens yet.....
Gymnastics photography is just fantastic. :) You enjoy the sport and besides that have a bit of a challenge, too! :)

Awww thank you so much for all the nice things you`ve had to say about our website! :) Also many thanks for the hint with the signature - I will add the link there very soon! :)

The Canon 20D is a great camera - I`m actually using the same! :) Also your lens is definately a strong one!
I am using the 80-200 f/2.8 - the one with the extra motor. It`s a great lens but certainly used up so much money, that I could not afford to buy another lens yet.....
Gymnastics photography is just fantastic. :) You enjoy the sport and besides that have a bit of a challenge, too! :)

Yeah, I love the 20D. I hope I have more time to get into photography soon.

Thanks for the photo in the gallery.

Last edited:
I will add some more photos to the gallery sometime soon!

What are you taking photos of? I mainly only concentrate on gymnastics I must admit...:p

I will add some more photos to the gallery sometime soon!

What are you taking photos of? I mainly only concentrate on gymnastics I must admit...:p

I bought it for gymnastics...I shoot a lot of stuff around the gym. I also love to take pics of my daughter, palm tree shots, sunsets, fireworks, and airshows. The problem is that I'm working too much right now. My wife and I would someday like to turn photography into a nice little side job.

That`s lovely you are using it for gymnastics also! :) For that it´s the best! Of course you can photography anything with it, but for "normal" outdoor photos a bit less expensive camera would do as well...

Awww yes - I have the same dream you have actually. It would be awesome to turn gymnastics photography into a side job one day! :D

But yes, family always stands in first place, and that`s good! I can imagine you have your hands full right now! :)

Hey! :)

Just wanted to say hello! I`ve just found out about this board while surfing through the net and decided to join right away. As a huge gymnastics fan I just can`t resist! :)
My name is Martina, and I`m from Germany. I`ve been a fan since 1992 and collecting anything on this great sport ever since. In 1997 I started to also travel to competitions which got me started on taking photos. I have done more and more of that, and finally made a big step by switching over to digital some time ago. :) Together with 2 friends I`m running a website. We have lots of photos online there. If anyone of you would like to have a look visit
http://www.gymnasticsunited.com
i am also new:rolleyes:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back