Hello everyone

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

pamred4

Coach
Gymnast
Ok so I have been lurking here forever trying to figure out how to post. So here I go... I started gymnastics when I was five at the gym about 2 mins down the road in a preschool program because I was an over active kid and I think my mum was just about going crazy. But the coaches were very pushy and made me do skills I wasn't confident doing. My mum came to watch me one afternoon and was discussed at the coach of another team push a young girls into splits between 2 boxes. She said she girl was screaming and crying but the coach made her do it. So my mum pulled me out of gymnastics :( when I was 9 I started to grow interested in the sport again and began doing things like forward rolls handstands and front salting off my coach. My mum was hesitant to enrol me again because of what she had seen but I begged her. We found out that a new gym had just opened up about 15 mins away from our home. I went to the open day and loved it. I started in a gym mix beginner class which I guess is like a recreation gymnastics class. I was the oldest in my class but it didn't bother me that much. Little by little I began to improve and got my kart wheel and handstand, I could do a backward roll and splits. I got moved up to gym mix advanced where I continued to get better and better and then out of no wear I got onto a level 1 team. Then I got onto a level 2 team. Then level three! By this time I was 13 and still the oldest in my class. Then this year I got moved up to a level 4 team and competed twice and now my coach has moved me up to a level 5 team! I love this sport so much and now I coach the class I started in. I also coach a level 1 team and kinder gym. I love gymnastics and want to do it for the rest of my life. I love inspiring little girls and watching them get new skills and smile like I used to, it warms my heart.
Sorry for the length :p bye

Welcome aboard, Pam. Glad you figured out how to post. There are lots of great people and great information here, and a board also geared specifically for Australian gymnastics. Enjoy!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back