Hello from a new member.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello

I am the mother of an eight year old first year L4 gymnast (who we have called flippy for years). I have found that every time that I do a google search for gymnastics related questions I always find the answer that I am looking for at the chalk bucket.

I really enjoy the perspective of other gym Mom's and coaches as I prepare for what looks like many years in the world of gymnastics.

Thanks!

Welcome! My daughter is 9 and is also a 1st year Level 4, she won't start competing until this fall. You'll find lots of good information here!

Welcome! I also have an 8 yo, first year L4 (she will be repeating L4in the fall). This is a great forum with lots of helpful members :)

Welcome to CB! It looks like I am in good company, as I am also the mother to an 8yo 1st year level 4. Sit back and enjoy the ride!

Last edited:
Wow Jenn1957, Maryn's Mom, and Esoteric..it looks like we are all in the same boat! I am so happy to have a source for the random questions that dd comes up with that I don't want to bother her coach with. "Mom, how big of a deduction do you think it would be if I....?" I tried telling her not to worry and just do her best, but that only led to obsessing about it. Now I can give her a reasonable answer which seems to appease her and take her mind off of it.

I look forward to the journey!

usagym.org is an invaluable resource for answers to those types of questions. Just click on "women" then have fun exploring all the links on the left side of the page.

My dd recently printed out the JO optional requirements chart and consulted the FIG code of points (we don't have the JO one, but she saved the FIG one to the laptop,) and created a viable beam routine! haha- she got her 5 A's, 2 B's and all the special requirements- wrote up the elements in their order she wanted, taped it to the wall and got to work on her 12' low beam. It keeps her from jumping off the furniture, anyway- except she keep wanting me to spot her on a dismount....

Welcome to CB! I have a 9 year old DD in step 4. I have learned a lot here!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back