Hello from SoCal!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

A

Aero

Just wanted to say hi to everyone here! My name's Travis, the screen name is a refference to my major in school, Aerospace Engineering, of which I am in my 5th year. My main reason for joining here is to find tips on coaching, as I am about to take a possition as a substitute coach for a week while another coach is on vacation, and while I know the sport, my knowledge of coaching in limited.

First a bit about me.

I started gymnastics at the age of 4yrs and started competing at roughly 6, I competed until I was 16 when I retired from competitive at the level of open optionals, I have continued doing gymnastics a little bit as recreation, and still enjoy it, as well as have retained most of my original skills (surrently 21yrs old). I started looking into coaching when a new gym opened down the street from my house and had a post out that they needed coaches. Well, after 3 hours of training, they are having me substitute as I said before, which brings me to my main point. I need help!

I am sub-coaching for level 2 and 3 girls, and despite the fact that they are young and lower level, I want to make sure I am a good coach for them durring the week I am there, and in the future, should I end up being a permanent member of the staff there (I hope!).

Are there any word of wisdom from the more experienced coaches out there? Thanks!

Travis

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back